Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Lug nut help.......lost a tire while driving

Old 12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombie Hunter
The factory wheels have 5 recesses on the back behind each stud hole so the clips have no effect. Most aftermarket wheels do not.
I just had wheels installed. They mentioned to me about having to leave the clips off for the same reason -- can't clip aftermarket wheels.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shops would remove the clips for a regear and probably not put them back on, however I would still check...

In my experience peoples wheels became loose due to either the wrong angle lug nut(I believe stock aluminum jk wheels are acorn)
or
the lug nut being to short causing the wheel stud to bottom out in the nut, giving the illusion the nut was tight..
I am glad nobody was injured when this happened to you..

Kinda makes you think, you never know who is beside you on the interstate running 70+ mph, tbc

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Lug nut help.......lost a tire while driving