Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket lockers

Old 04-19-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TxCop07
so can we see some pics of an install, i would like to understand better with pics?
I know a guy..(Wayoflife) that did a write up on the install of the Aussie locker on a Dana 30. Now this is a TJ but I think you get the idea from the pictures and it shouldn't really be any different with the JK.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/aussielocker.html
Old 06-11-2011, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sv650
Packed snow & ice is WAY more slippery than dirt, and you might move on it far faster than mud!

If there is insufficient traction, especially on snow or ice, the understeer characteristics of the locker become more pronounced -- trying to make the vehicle move straight ahead through the corner A selectable will allow you to run your front diff as an open, while a locker (even an aussie type) may cause a problem if there is insufficient traction to force the outside wheel to rotate faster than the inside wheel or vice versa. If the driveshaft torque still turns both wheels, you may find yourself going straight when you want to turn.

For instance, Auburn Gear states the ECTED locking LS should only be used in a front axle if it has the ability to unlock the hubs.

SV

So if one stays out of the gas around turns in the snow, will there be an issue?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lockers