Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Best lights?
KC
33.75%
PIAA
22.50%
Delta
0%
Hella
26.25%
Warn
0%
IPF
17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Aftermarket lights

Old 03-15-2008, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BaltChief
dollar for dollar.....Hella's win
Except you have to watch the taiwan crap the are currently passing off on people.
Why by German if its Asian. Why not by asian and be done with and save some money?
Old 03-15-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had all sorts of lights... Vision X is the way to go. Check out their new XMitter bars... I put one on my JK and there is nothing like it in the world. Look for the thread.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:55 PM
JK Junkie

You might want to add Lightforce to your poll.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No disrespect to the lightforce peoples.
I honestly had not heard of them.
Old 03-15-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

i had Hella and procomps(copies of KC daylighets) on my YJ

he Procomps were much brighter then the hellas

i now have 4 PIAAs' on my JK
fogs on the bumper and spots on the windshield

the fogs are awesome in fog or snow, the spots arent that impressive, although they do shine very very far away, probable twice as far as the brights on the headlights
Old 03-15-2008, 06:31 PM
JK Super Freak

PIAA for me. I've always been impressed by their lighting and quality.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Depends on for what and where mounted.

I tried everything on winshield mounts. Well not everything but all the major brands.
I was at Desert Rat when I bought and mounted them.
Nothing clamped securely to the brackets except the PIAA which they gave me at cost after going thru all that fitting crap. It was weird! Tighten the things down and I could easily move them around. The tech said he had the same issue all the time when installing for people.
When I asked him how he sloved it he said he didn't. Just put them on as best he could and let them drive off with movable lights. PFFFT

For down the way driving lights The Piaa is fine and so to any of the others. These would be "high" beam type.

On my bumpers I put 4 Hella rectangualr lights as those are for closer in and wider pattern usage. Like low beam but for trailing at night. These where fairly cheap at my automotive parts store and have EXCELLENT clamping. Tho I did shear one of the cheapo chineese bolts that tighten the swivel clamp.

The Piaa as well as the KC Driving light came with a usable and well made wiring harness.
I threw away the Hella Harness as it was a joke and made my own.

I will prolly get two or 4 more of the Hella to mount up on the rear shell outside the window area for "cargo" lights. Night time trailering/camping will be much nicer then.

So whatever floats your boat works for me! Ive seem some real cheap usable lights at harbor freight even that in a pinch I would use too as versus nothing...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So far the PiAA's on RubyDoo are working well and are taking the abuse being on the windshied post mounts.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

I am partial to the Hella 500s. They are a great value $79 or less for a pair of driving or fog lights. The supplied kit, wiring harness with a switch has everything you need to mount the lights. With the supplied 55w bulbs a set of driving and fog lights is more than adequate to light up the night.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
... Having both lightforce and Baja Designs lights on my Jeep I will say the Baja Designs lights have a much better, sturdier feel and look - though I know that the Lightforce can certainly take a whack.
I'm in the market for lights and have been considering the Lightforce. However, not ever having seen them in person, that was exactly my impression--they just don't look very strong. And I'm not very fond of plastic housings--I don't care what kind of whack they can take. Thanks for pointing out the Baja Designs. These might be a better ticket for me.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket lights