Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aftermarket horns..what do you have?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Collyn
Duh. Blasting them at idiots! Haha.
I guess if your into that sorta thing..
Old 04-11-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need of get one of these. I was away at work and the Mrs. Picked up the new jeep for me. When I got home and got to drive it for the first time, that was the first thing she told me to do and laughers her ass off. The kids were in the back and laughed too. Time to get a new one......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went to a junkyard and pulled some dual tones off an old Russian Mob-esque S class Mercedes
Old 04-14-2014, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know if mine was broken when i got the jeep or it was just appalling from day one but it sounded like you were squeezing a hamster when you hit the horn. I replaced mine with the Wolo bad boy one from amazon. its seriously loud. i have old style air horns on the TJ but just could not find a good place to mount them in the JK.
Amazon.com: Wolo Model 419 Bad Boy Air Horn Kit - 12 Volt: Automotive

Dave
Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

I replaced my OEM horns with PIAA 400Hz - 500Hz Sports Horns. A easy plug n play upgrade. I brought the kit from Quadratec. If you do a search on this site for PIAA horns you will find detailed instruction for doing the upgrade.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Kleinn Air Horn sounds pretty bad ass

Amazon.com: Kleinn Trail Blaster JEEPKIT-1 Dual Air Horn Kit 07-12 Jeep Wrangler JK: Automotive

I mounted the horns under the passenger seat facing forward which made room for my AFE catback exhaust.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Range_Time
I don't know if mine was broken when i got the jeep or it was just appalling from day one but it sounded like you were squeezing a hamster when you hit the horn. I replaced mine with the Wolo bad boy one from amazon. its seriously loud. i have old style air horns on the TJ but just could not find a good place to mount them in the JK.
Amazon.com: Wolo Model 419 Bad Boy Air Horn Kit - 12 Volt: Automotive

Dave
Those are the same (or copies, not sure which) as the Stebel Nautilus Compact. The Tuning version I have is just more robust and water-tight and made for off-road use. I'm guessing they sound the same, too.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think the 2013's received better horns (came hornier?) from the factory. Seriously. The horns on my 2012 sound almost apologetic whereas there's a little more "get off my lawn" in the 2013+ Jeeps. I wonder what it costs just to get the newer horns from the dealer.

I've also heard good things about Stebel. I had a set on a Ninja 250 and they were seriously loud.

Quick Reply: aftermarket horns..what do you have?