Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket equivalent to JKUHR 19/60s

Old 10-23-2016, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket equivalent to JKUHR 19/60s

I experienced some minor sag in my JKU's ride height after adding a full width steel front bumper. Since I was very happy with the height at new, I'm not interested in doing a complete lift kit. I do, however want that extra 1/2" back.
Currently have 17 front springs with the red rubi shocks and finding 19s seem to be a rare bird. Are there any aftermarket springs that would support the weight of the new bumper and return my ride height without getting into suspension modifications?
Old 10-24-2016, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in the same boat as you with the full width metal bumper weighing down the front, I am at the moment looking teraflex 1.5 inch spring leveling kit. It's the only kit that replaces the front and rear springs instead of using spacers.... I will probably do an install early next month. I am not looking to lift the vehicle, as I want more of a overland type rig for camping and pulling a small offload trailer.

Evo does a replacement heavy front spring with a small 3/4 inch rear spacer for yours. you could always look at the height and decide if you wanted the rear or not.

Last edited by Spectre Engineer; 10-24-2016 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Spectre Engineer
I'm in the same boat as you with the full width metal bumper weighing down the front, I am at the moment looking teraflex 1.5 inch spring leveling kit. It's the only kit that replaces the front and rear springs instead of using spacers.... I will probably do an install early next month. I am not looking to lift the vehicle, as I want more of a overland type rig for camping and pulling a small offload trailer.

Evo does a replacement heavy front spring with a small 3/4 inch rear spacer for yours. you could always look at the height and decide if you wanted the rear or not.
I spoke to a Teraflex rep about the spring leveling kit and was told that it won't make much of a difference with Rubicon springs. They were more designed for Sport suspension upgrade.
I'll look into the Evo springs. Thanks!
Old 10-24-2016, 08:06 PM
JK Newbie

This is what I found digging around the forum
PRESS RELEASE: EVO-1095 Jeep JK (07+) 1.5" HD Leveling Kit
Old 10-25-2016, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

It doesn't specifically say it's for Unlimited, but sounds promising. Thanks!

The other option I've come across is from Rock Krawler.
http://www.rockkrawler.com/ProductDe...5FFrontSprings

Last edited by Narosh; 10-25-2016 at 04:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket equivalent to JKUHR 19/60s