Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Driveshaft Question

Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 AM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Driveshaft Question

I have a Tatton 1310 Driveshaft and will be installing my adjustable control arms soon to get some caster back. I've heard that too much caster and I will get vibes from these double cardan shafts. Where will I feel the vibration? Seat? Peddle? Transfer case shifter? Just curious as I'll be trying to get everything right and hopefully have no long term problems arise from poor angles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2014, 03:41 AM
JK Junkie

Yes be careful. It depends on lift height, gearing, how much caster you can run. Start around 5* and go down until there's no vibes. DS vibes are felt all over. But, steering, shifter.... All over and get worse with speed.
If you have any tire balance issues --although different-- get them taking care of before replacing the DS.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:01 AM
-

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Yes be careful. It depends on lift height, gearing, how much caster you can run. Start around 5* and go down until there's no vibes. DS vibes are felt all over. But, steering, shifter.... All over and get worse with speed.
If you have any tire balance issues --although different-- get them taking care of before replacing the DS.
Thanks of your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Driveshaft Question