Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket/Custom M/T Shift Boot

Old 11-16-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket/Custom M/T Shift Boot

Has anyone found one, made one, or had one made?? I'm tired of the stiff accordion style one that comes stock. I'd love to get a nice leather, or even a nice cloth aftermarket boot.

This is the first vehicle that I've had with the accordion style. I tried taking it off to see if it's easier to shift, and it seems to make a large difference.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WindMeUp
Has anyone found one, made one, or had one made?? I'm tired of the stiff accordion style one that comes stock. I'd love to get a nice leather, or even a nice cloth aftermarket boot.

This is the first vehicle that I've had with the accordion style. I tried taking it off to see if it's easier to shift, and it seems to make a large difference.
The 2011 has a leather boot.... I looked at it hoping it could be swapped out.... It looks a bit too round to fit.... Look like your gonna have to do the old DIY.... Good luck.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NH-JK
The 2011 has a leather boot.... I looked at it hoping it could be swapped out.... It looks a bit too round to fit.... Look like your gonna have to do the old DIY.... Good luck.
Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to figure out whether I want to make it myself from scratch, find a universal boot that is a close fit and modify it, or just have an upholstery shop make it.

When I figure out something I'll update the thread with results!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket/Custom M/T Shift Boot