Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Clutch?

Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother actually did something similar with his WRX, except he ended up with an entirely new transmission.

I guess that as a matter of personal preference I enjoy having a clutch that takes more than the weight of a feather to engage. Even at 202 hp, that engine could make quick work of the stock clutch in the wrong hands/feet.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I was always under the impression lighter cluthes for higher rpms, which is opposite of what wheelin is about for jeeps....unless its jeep speed stuff
Old 06-11-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

Pedal effort is one of the issues. Although, I'm not dissatisfied with the transmission by any means, it just seems as if a Jeep should feel a bit stouter in that department.

I'm heading on a road trip with my lady friend, and while I think she's pretty capable of driving standard, she's used to an older BMW where you can actually feel the clutch engagement. Whereas, I've driven barefoot on a few occasions, and I still couldn't discern any sensation through the pedal.

I think this is more individual preference than anything, comparable to how firm/soft someone likes their mattress.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Clutch?