Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket clutch for 12-14 3.6L JK??

Old 06-26-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cormac827
I've noticed this a ton! Also have to use the clutch in 4/lo even to move slowly enough sometimes. I need a rubicon transfer case or better gearing (3.21 sucks) My rpms most definitely drop when off gas in 4-lo cruising through some stuff

Oh and edit/ dealer won't cover a clutch anyways- it's wear and tear
That may be the difference, I have a Rubi so the T-Case is a 4:1. Adding better gearing is the better way to handle the inertia issues than to add inertia to the flywheel. More inertia means the engine will not be as dynamic and can't rev as quickly.

It depends on the reasoning for replacement on warranty coverage. While you are correct that the clutch is considered a wear item , mine does not need replace due to wear. The bearing is bad. Additionally my transmission has already been out at 1800 miles to fix another issue so I can argue the damage was caused by improper alignment when reinstalled. (This is actually what I think the problem is.)
Old 06-26-2014, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced my clutch in my 2012. After all my research I found the spec stage 2+ is the way to go paired with a national TOB. Even my friend that installed mine at the dealership said the clutch looks and feels like a huge improvement over stock, same with the TOB. This was only a few days ago when I bought the clutch and I called centerforce to ask when their clutch for 2012s was coming out, the guy on the phone made it sound like it would be a while until they distribute them...
For you guys with the squeaky TOBs I would suggest the national bearing. It's like $35 and it's great!
Overall I spent $650 on the clutch and TOB off some good deals on the internet. Not sure how the clutch compares to the new centerforce though because I didn't even know they came out with it already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cormac827
I've noticed this a ton! Also have to use the clutch in 4/lo even to move slowly enough sometimes. I need a rubicon transfer case or better gearing (3.21 sucks) My rpms most definitely drop when off gas in 4-lo cruising through some stuff

Oh and edit/ dealer won't cover a clutch anyways- it's wear and tear
It's only wear after 12k miles, until then unless there's obvious abuse, like mud, it's a warranty claim. My TOB was shot at 11k miles and the dealer replaced the entire clutch under warranty. I'm now over 25k miles and no issues. I think the 12-13s had some really bad TOBs. They are normally bad, but there seemed to be a run that was really bad. They said mine basically fell apart when they tried to take it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-30-2015, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
See if you can get the clutch, pressure plate, TOB and pinion bearing only. Should be about $500. At least that was all I paid for my '07 (but OEM bearings; CF didn't have theirs out ATT).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003CG...&robot_redir=1
does anyone know if that will fit on a 12? Centerforce only lists the complete kit for the 12s and i dont want their heavy flywheel

Quick Reply: Aftermarket clutch for 12-14 3.6L JK??