Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket clutch for 12-14 3.6L JK??

Old 06-25-2014, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket clutch for 12-14 3.6L JK??

I just found out the Centerforce Clutch just came up with an aftermarket kit to replace the factory flywheel and clutch. The Centerforce kit includes a high inertia flywheel that helps maintain engine RPM in rough terrain. The Centerforce flywheel is a Billet Steel Flywheel that replaces the O.E. 33 lb. flywheel with a higher quality 50 lb. Billet Steel Flywheel. Centerforce has two different kits a Dual Friction part# (KDF379176) also a Centerforce II part# (KCFT379176). Both kits include High Inertia Flywheel, Pressure Plate, Disc, Alignment Tool, Pilot Bearing, Throw Out Bearing and Bolts. Both kits are direct bolt on replacement with a higher holding capacity for those big off road tires.

Last edited by 98GTjetta; 06-25-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98GTjetta
For those of use who have been having problems with the factory clutch. I just found out the Centerforce Clutch just came up with an aftermarket kit to replace the factory flywheel and clutch. The Centerforce kit includes a high inertia flywheel that helps maintain engine RPM in rough terrain. The Centerforce flywheel is a Billet Steel Flywheel that replaces the O.E. 33 lb. flywheel with a higher quality 50 lb. Billet Steel Flywheel. Centerforce has two different kits a Dual Friction part# (KDF379176) also a Centerforce II part# (KCFT379176). Both kits include High Inertia Flywheel, Pressure Plate, Disc, Alignment Tool, Pilot Bearing, Throw Out Bearing and Bolts. Both kits are direct bolt on replacement with a higher holding capacity for those big off road tires. I called Centerforce at 928-771-8422 to get this information.
Any Ideas on cost? My throwout bearing is rattling pretty badly. I only have 15k miles but I'm inclined to just replace this myself as I hate the idea of the dealer working on my rig.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jnabird333
Any Ideas on cost? My throwout bearing is rattling pretty badly. I only have 15k miles but I'm inclined to just replace this myself as I hate the idea of the dealer working on my rig.
They told me the pricing was around $950 for the Dual Friction kit and $920 for the Centerforce II kit, but if you go through one of there dealers you can get better pricing.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 98GTjetta
They told me the pricing was around $950 for the Dual Friction kit and $920 for the Centerforce II kit, but if you go through one of there dealers you can get better pricing.
Thanks... I think I would swallow 3-400 to keep the dealer off my Jeep, but I really can't justify that on something under warranty.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Thanks... I think I would swallow 3-400 to keep the dealer off my Jeep, but I really can't justify that on something under warranty.
See if you can get the clutch, pressure plate, TOB and pinion bearing only. Should be about $500. At least that was all I paid for my '07 (but OEM bearings; CF didn't have theirs out ATT).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003CG...&robot_redir=1
Old 06-25-2014, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
See if you can get the clutch, pressure plate, TOB and pinion bearing only. Should be about $500. At least that was all I paid for my '07 (but OEM bearings; CF didn't have theirs out ATT).

Centerforce DF098391 Dual Friction Clutch Pressure Plate and Disc:Amazon:Automotive
Thanks... I'll check into that.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:33 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OP is spamming all the JK forums with the identical post. Must work for the manufacturer.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:52 AM
JK Newbie

Hi Guys

I have always thought that a lighter flywheel was the way to go.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Paul
Old 06-26-2014, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Paul Wood****
Hi Guys

I have always thought that a lighter flywheel was the way to go.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Paul
It depend on what your goal is. While a lighter flywheel allows the engine to Rev quicker load changes will more easily impact engine RPM.

The higher weight flywheel has more inertia and should fight load changes with physics and not require the engine to have to respond with throttle changes.

While this idea is good on paper, I haven't noticed an issue with a loss of RPM much at idle with the stock flywheel when hitting stuff on the trail... So I'm not sure it's something that needs changed at the cost of dynamics in the driveline....... Sorry for the run on.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

It depend on what your goal is. While a lighter flywheel allows the engine to Rev quicker load changes will more easily impact engine RPM. The higher weight flywheel has more inertia and should fight load changes with physics and not require the engine to have to respond with throttle changes. While this idea is good on paper, I haven't noticed an issue with a loss of RPM much at idle with the stock flywheel when hitting stuff on the trail... So I'm not sure it's something that needs changed at the cost of dynamics in the driveline....... Sorry for the run on.
I've noticed this a ton! Also have to use the clutch in 4/lo even to move slowly enough sometimes. I need a rubicon transfer case or better gearing (3.21 sucks) My rpms most definitely drop when off gas in 4-lo cruising through some stuff

Oh and edit/ dealer won't cover a clutch anyways- it's wear and tear

Quick Reply: Aftermarket clutch for 12-14 3.6L JK??