Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Ball Joints

Old 06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigSteve
Nope. It has been roughly 5000 miles since I installed my lift, 37's, and ball joints and I have had no odd wear issues. Heck about 800 miles after everything was installed I drove from Orange County, CA to Moab doing between 75 and 80mph pretty much the whole way with no issues.
Alright. Thanks for the input!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Some other balljoints to consider are USA Alloy. I went with these and have been happy with the quality. To me they seem comparable to the Synergy ones IMO. You can google and look at the materials used on all of the better quality BJs and decide what you want to spend your cash on. The OE ones are junk.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Alloy USA joints on my buddy's Jeep were so stiff when first installed that he couldn't even turn the knuckles. With the nuts way loose, it could be steered but wouldn't return to center. We hope they get "broken in" soon....

My Synergy joints went right in 12,000 miles ago and haven't ever given me any grief. No steering problems, no stiffness.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconGeoff
The Alloy USA joints on my buddy's Jeep were so stiff when first installed that he couldn't even turn the knuckles. With the nuts way loose, it could be steered but wouldn't return to center. We hope they get "broken in" soon....

My Synergy joints went right in 12,000 miles ago and haven't ever given me any grief. No steering problems, no stiffness.
After my Alloys were installed the steering feeled tighter and I was good with it, but after a short time the steering went back to a more "normal" feel. I have piece of mind now knowing I have better quality balljoints with my beefed up Dana 44. No regrets.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Jedi

Ive got alloy as well and cant complain they are made by omix hda as are the synergys from what i can tell. I accidentally ramped my jeep about 3 feet high after installing em and there still solid...
Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm getting the alloy ones put on as I type this. The shop told me that the old ball joints are putting up a fight and don't want to leave... So glad I decided not to do these one! Ha off to Starbucks I go! I let everyone know how the feel later.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Ive got alloy as well and cant complain they are made by omix hda as are the synergys from what i can tell. I accidentally ramped my jeep about 3 feet high after installing em and there still solid...
Accidentally huh? Hahaha
Old 06-27-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jumpmaster
Some other balljoints to consider are USA Alloy. I went with these and have been happy with the quality. To me they seem comparable to the Synergy ones IMO. You can google and look at the materials used on all of the better quality BJs and decide what you want to spend your cash on. The OE ones are junk.
They seem comparable because if you look at the internal components of the alloy they are a direct copy of the synergy. Even the grease grooves are identical. They're just reverse engineered synergy. IMO.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been running Synergy BJ's for over 7,000 miles now really happy with the quality and fitment. I've wheeled my Jeep pretty hard
Old 06-27-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Super Freak

I went with the Alloy USA's before Synergy dropped their prices. Its taken a 4000 miles for them to break in. When new they were so tight the Jeep would not return to center and constant corrections were needed. They are fine now but they were spooky at first. Probably going to go synergy if these wear out. I like the clear boots.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Ball Joints