Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Automatic Transmission Oil Pans

Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
GKR
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the RK pan. More fluid and beefy! I got onto a big rock that crushed my crossover (new section in photo) and bent my air tank skid plate. You can just see in the picture on the right side of the pan where it ground off the powdercoat and left a slight gouge in the pan. Nice piece.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rock Krawler transmission oil pan

I have one of these exact pans for sale, $ 150, yes, you can use your skid plates from Skid Row, some others since the pan is flush with the crossmember.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
i've run the RK pan and personally, it's the way to go or, at least in my opinion. more than just having a drain plug, the RK is a heavy duty pan and that will allow you to ditch your skid plate. also, it allows for greater volume and so you can run more fluid. this will help keep things cool longer and allow you to run at steeper angles.

Here's a write-up i did for mine

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Rock Krawler JK Heavy Duty Deep Sump Automatic Transmission Pan Installation Write-Up

Old 01-03-2013, 02:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice write up. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Automatic Transmission Oil Pans