Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermarket Air Intake Squeal

Old 03-07-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go swallow some more Red man spit juice.

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Yeah, I gotta post for it. Put the stock air box back on. Problem solved.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never tried the stuff. I like Sam Adams though.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I reinstalled the factory intake but disconnected the flexible rubber hose from the black plastic box. It will make the same squeal noise so it appears that the factory intake is either restricting just enough air flow to the throttle body or it is muffling the noise.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

So is everyone else just living with this problem? I don't want to give up and go back stock. I have concluded that it is not an Airaid issue. What has anybody done to try to eliminate this problem? Help!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, really not trying to be a wise-a$$, but try searching on "whistle". I've read dozens of posts and haven't found any real solution to the whistle (or squeal if you prefer). Either you have it (Airaid seems to have it more than others) or you don't. Sometimes tightening things down helps, other times it doesn't. I haven't found a single "oh yeah - just do this little thing and it goes away" post. In fact, I found several where it ended in "I took the damn thing off".

Good luck with whatever advice you can get. I hope it works out for you!
Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like you all know, its the TB causing the noise, the aftermarket intakes just let you hear it better then the restricted air box does.
There is not much you can do about it, besides live with it.
Ive had mine since June 07'....
Eventually you wont hear it anymore, honestly I dont hear it at all, I think it actually went away
Old 03-08-2008, 01:42 AM
JK Jedi

I have the Airaid and the light whistle. It doesn't really bother me, and usually is easily drowned out by the stereo anyways. I have heard of people adding one of those pre-filters and claiming it helps, but haven't done so myself to verify.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default Banks Exhaust and Airaid with Throttle Body

I have the same sqeal, after installing a Banks Exhaust with Airaid CAI and Throttle body....which is annoying to listen to at times.

I like the increase in power, but it sounds like I have a turbo in the jeep,,which we know is not the case....Might just to live with this, after spending over a grand putting this stuff on my JK.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Air Intake Squeal