Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aftermaket pulley

Old 10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe a 10 to 14 lb fly wheel would be ideal, the fly wheel is way to heavy as is, rev your engine on good time watch how long it takes for your rpms to come back down. with a lighter fly wheel you would get better off the line performance, but crappy idle. underdrive pulleys would be a good idea aswell, dont think a overdrive on the alt would be very good due to the fact your not always puting a constant strain on the battery, possibly a heavy duty or dual cycle alt. these are my thoughts on the topic many peoples views very and thats why there are so many manufactures.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bahadden
i believe a 10 to 14 lb fly wheel would be ideal, the fly wheel is way to heavy as is, rev your engine on good time watch how long it takes for your rpms to come back down.
FYI, for this engine, it has nothing to do with the flywheel, and everything to do with CAFE standards and computer programming, ie, a slower return to idle has less emissions and uses less gas.
with a lighter fly wheel you would get better off the line performance, but crappy idle. underdrive pulleys would be a good idea aswell, dont think a overdrive on the alt would be very good due to the fact your not always puting a constant strain on the battery, possibly a heavy duty or dual cycle alt. these are my thoughts on the topic many peoples views very and thats why there are so many manufactures.
That I will agree with.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

thank you for the info. dont know much about the computer engines, just goingoff basic engine princibles. i dont like the fact that i cant say " if it doesnt fire its the ignition, if it sparks and doesnt start its the fuel,"
Old 10-16-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

just tried to search i dont think they made them for a 3.8 liter anything, maybe if i knew the displacement of the engine and cross referenc it with other dodge engines it would be easier to find a pulley/ pulley kit from what i understand is it is the crank pulley the is smaller free up strain on crank rotation.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

coming from the import world also i have wondered this. Also, it would be nice to see other NA parts like Intake Manifold but there isnt much room to play with there and still clear the hood
Old 10-16-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea I think a port and polished intake manifold would be great too... I guess in time these will slowly start to come out. I just cant wait for them
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

And don't forget a stroker kit.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

MPX underdrive pullies on my srt-4 made decent power. Im sure it would free up power on the JK if the computer would let it.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good Thread!

Quick Reply: Aftermaket pulley