Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

After OME installation check engine light

Old 02-19-2008, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After OME installation check engine light NOW w/pictures!!

OME lift installation could not have been an easier installation. However one small issue, when I was finished and was backing out of the garage I noticed the check engine light was on. Also the indicaor for loss of trackion was on for a short period but then went off. Any ideas? Had the radio playing for about 4 hours, could the drain of the battery cause this? Will drive to work today and update the thead later today. Thanks for any comments.

Last edited by sdhexpert; 03-23-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:41 AM
CJK
JK Enthusiast

You may have pulled a wire loose at one of the wheel sensors which would explain the traction light but not the check engine! Do the diagnostic check and see what codes you tripped. I think it's cycle the key of/on 3 times quickly and write down any codes that display where your mileage usually is. The long list of codes are listed elsewhere on this site.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

After a 20 mile drive the check engine light is still on. On my way in the loss of traction indicator was on intermittently. I disabled the light by using the esp off button. Then the BAS light in the dash came on and stayed on.

On thing I haven't done is to re adjust the steering wheel. Is there some kind of steering position sensor that could be feeding the computer bad info?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default 2nd Update

Ran the diagnostic check, came back with ......

P0340 ‐ CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT

How is this possible?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

coincidence.

life is full of them.

And YES you MUST recenter your wheel.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

coincidence? need a better explanation than that ...... seriously I will re center the steering and see if that helps.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdhexpert
coincidence? need a better explanation than that ...... seriously I will re center the steering and see if that helps.

what he's saying is the two events are not connected. Just so happened you lifted your jeep the same time it decided to throw a code.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what he's saying is the two events are not connected. Just so happened you lifted your jeep the same time it decided to throw a code.
I agree no way the lift had anything to do with your engine code.

And yes center the steering wheel.

David
Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your steering wheel position has to do with your ESP light coming on. Recenter that and your issue will be fixed for the traction.

When it comes to the Engine Light, you need to get your jeep to a dealer. Either the cam sensor is faulty (The 2007's had the long crank TSB that had to do with the cam sensor) or you have other issues.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default OME installation update ......

After installation it is necessary to re center the steering wheel before driving. The check engine light has now gone away, (assuming the trouble code was random) and the traction control indicators have also returned to working as normal ....... Thanks for all your comments.

The OME lift final numbers are: (measured from the 4-door Rubicon stock rock slider)
Front before- 16 3/4" ...... after 20 1/8" = 3 3/8" (did not install the 1/2 poly spacer included w/kit, may have to after the winch and bumper, but I wanted to see what it measured without.

Rear before- 18 1/4" ...... after 21 3/4" = 3 1/2" (maybe it will settle??? sure hope so)

Now to put on bumper and winch (AEV and 9.5ti) . Will update this thread when completed.

Quick Reply: After OME installation check engine light