Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

after bumper & winch.. leveling kit or better springs?

Old 07-10-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default after bumper & winch.. leveling kit or better springs?

So I have the highest number stock springs for the rubicon. But the MW3 comes with the AEV bumper, and I put on a Warn 9.5 cti.

So that's 82 lbs for the bumper and 89 for the winch.

171 - what, ~20 for a stock bumper?

So ~150 additional pounds over what would normally be on the front of a stock rubi.

Now, if I get a leveling kit, all that does is go under my stock springs, which are already compressed more than that they normally would be stock.

So is it better to get stiffer springs?
Old 07-10-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could get teraflex 2" springs for the front .do you have the wench on now? Measure before and after the winch is installed to see if it sag at all.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're not thinking about getting a bigger lift anytime soon, the TF performance leveling kit will get you 4 new springs instead of spacers. Might be worth looking into.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gunbo75
You could get teraflex 2" springs for the front .do you have the wench on now? Measure before and after the winch is installed to see if it sag at all.
Yeah I have the winch on now. I didn't realize how far down my front end sagged until I was parked behind a lifted jeep that was level.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was going to get a TF BB spacer lift but Northridge 4x4 advised that I should go ahead and get a TF coil lift instead (2.5 BB vs 2.5 Coil) as the stock springs would be sagging soon enough. I actually got the TF coil lift with shock extensions for less than a BB with VSS shocks, apparently the stock shocks are better to keep around than stock springs. Finally putting it on this weekend.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:33 AM
JK Freak

I measured last night. At the center point of the rim as my reference point, it's 35" from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare at the front, and 36 7/8" at the rear.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Agree with Bernigoober. I was in the same boat as you and spoke with TF direct. They informed me if I WASN'T going to add accessories go with the spacers, but if I DID want to add a winch and bumpers install the TF Performance Leveling Kit.

Quick Reply: after bumper & winch.. leveling kit or better springs?