Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV XT 2.5" lift install questions

Old 02-28-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman
With a 2.5" lift, you should not need a spring compressor. Loosen all upper and lower control arm bolts for the install, and disconnect the front and rear trackbars. Disconnect the swaybar links and shocks. Disconnect the brakeline brackets. The system can completely droop out this way. Absolutely do not retighten or retorque any of the trackbar or control arm bolts until the full weight of the vehicle is on the springs in order to insure that the rubber control arm and trackbar bushings are pinched between the brackets in a neutral position. Otherwise, the rubber bushings will be twisted/pre-loaded/binding to the wrong ride height. If the bushings are twisted, it results in premature bushing failure and a jittery ride.
I have also purchases Ace or front bumper and pro rear with tire carrier. I thought that installing the lift would be best to do first. Regarding what you say here about the full weight being loaded before torquing everything down, should I install the bumpers first, to ensure that I have everything fill loaded first?
Old 02-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyboyX
I have also purchases Ace or front bumper and pro rear with tire carrier. I thought that installing the lift would be best to do first. Regarding what you say here about the full weight being loaded before torquing everything down, should I install the bumpers first, to ensure that I have everything fill loaded first?
If they are heavy, wait to retorque until you are at final ride height after the bumpers.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Definitely use the grade 8 hardware kit from northridge. It saves a lot of future problems. As for the geometry brackets, they made all the difference in my ride quality. Just take your time with them as they can seem confusing at first.

Last edited by blue project; 02-28-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for the help. I got getting lift installed without any significant issues. It's looking awesome!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3302177449.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	538305   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1638384369.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	538306  

Quick Reply: AEV XT 2.5" lift install questions