Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Wheels

Old 06-18-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Bummer!

DANG! I cant believe that wheel cracked. Visually you can't tell, but structurally that is scary. I really hope AEV stands behind their goods and this all works out. GOOD LUCK
Old 06-18-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made in china. :(

I'm sure AEV will replace it. Even they aren't happy they have them made in china.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I guess most wheels are made in China. Don't have much choice buying US made wheels any longer.

At least AVE is quite clear on where they have their wheels made & why on their website.

I plan on getting the Saverge (sp?) . I haven't heard of any issues with those.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Take a picture, send it to AEV and im sure they will help you. Also when you installed the wheel did you by any chance write down the batch # and date of mfg, awhile back they had a few issues with a batch or 2 that had some faults but to my knowledge they took care of all that were reported to them.
I recently had an issue with my pintler beadlocks and the powedercoating. All im going to say is i sent them picture and they took care of me better than expected. So give them any information and pictures that they may ask for and let them take care of you.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Aev

I spoke with AEV today and even though I did purchase second hand, they are going to take care of me. I sent a picture and then they want the wheel back. They will be sending me a replacement. I am very happy. THat is the way to keep customers.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by azsandrider
I guess most wheels are made in China. Don't have much choice buying US made wheels any longer.

At least AVE is quite clear on where they have their wheels made & why on their website.

I plan on getting the Saverge (sp?) . I haven't heard of any issues with those.
You won't. its a design flaw with the pintler. I have not heard of a bridger or saverge wheel cracking. nothing to do with the manufacturer country of origin, more to do with the desgin of the wheel for heavy use.

they look good but damn scary when I look at the design for an off road vehicle.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bridger rims

Made in USA
Old 10-06-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atuldo
Made in USA
the wheel?
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by atuldo
Made in USA
I don't think so.....their wheels are make is the land of the dragon....just like 99 percent of other American owned companies. That is not the problem. The problem is with the design itself. Bet you don't hear of any problems with saverge or Bridgers. Because they he a proper design for a heavy off road rig.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM
MGV
JK Newbie

Trail Ready are one of the only cast aluminum wheels still made in the USA...I actually have AEV Pinter beadlocks because I liked the look, but bought them before realizing they were made in china....I will be selling and putting on Trail Ready beadlocks ASAP

Quick Reply: AEV Wheels