Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Wheels

Old 06-16-2012, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default AEV Wheels

I have a set of AEV Pintler wheels with Goodyear Duratracs (285/70/17) on my JK. I have had the wheels since December of 2011. On Friday I noticed that my right rear tire was low (14 PSI). I aired it to 34 and left it in the garage overnight and this morning it was down to 20 PSI. I took it to Discount Tire where I bought the tires and they discovered a crack in my wheel around the base of one of the spokes. Anyone have any experience like this? I really like the wheels and I guess I will find out Monday about AEV's "Lifetime Structural Warranty".

Old 06-16-2012, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can always happen, as you said speak to AEV and I am sure they will replay the rim under warrantee (Amit no damage to the alloy can be seen)
Old 06-16-2012, 09:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is the wheel an older model or fairly new?

I remember some having problems with cracking on the older design Pintlers but I thought AEV re-designed the wheel to prevent cracking on newer wheels.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by azsandrider

I remember some having problems with cracking on the older design Pintlers but I thought AEV re-designed the wheel to prevent cracking on newer wheels.
They are probably a couple of years old so I am not sure if that makes them the new design or the old design. I bought them used but they were in brand new shape.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by azsandrider

I would assume new model as it was bought 2011. Not getting those wheels for sure now. Was going to pull the trigger on a set as I assumed there was a redesign. Guess not. Some other wheel going on my family hauler. Not worth a wheel failure at high speeds.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Junkie

Nice looking wheels though
Old 06-17-2012, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in the market for a used set of these....
Roaddog do you mind posting a pic of where the crack is?
Is it something that you really have to look hard or can you spot it by just looking at the wheel?

Trending Topics

Old 06-17-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my Pintlers because of their good record for replacement if and when there is an issue.

I've read a couple times on how quick they were to respond and never even asked for the flawed wheel back..

Hopefully i dont have any issues but if i do, i'm pretty sure they will stand behind their product .
Old 06-17-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

They replace them quick. However, my family's safety is more important than a wheel. Therefore I shall be installing another wheel on my rig. I draw the line at cracking spokes on wheels. It's an inherent design flaw. I bet they had zero problems with the Bridger wheel.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default AEV Wheels

The crack is very small and the only reason that I even knew it was there was because the tire was losing air. The tire shop found it when they tanked the tire. I don't think that a picture would show the crack at all. It is very small but enough to allow air to escape. I am ordering another one of these wheels as I needed one for my spare anyway and I think that AEV is a good product. I will find out tomorrow what they say about replacing it.

Quick Reply: AEV Wheels