Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Wheel Question

Old 03-12-2012, 03:42 PM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Wheel Question

Does anybody know if the AEV Savegre wheels will fit a stock rubicon. Well I have a tera flex spacer leveling kit but that is it.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsl
Does anybody know if the AEV Savegre wheels will fit a stock rubicon. Well I have a tera flex spacer leveling kit but that is it.
AEV wheels are designed only for Jeeps, so yea...
Old 03-12-2012, 04:04 PM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

Yea know about the wheels being made for jeeps but Did not know if they would fit due to back spacing and offset without a lift that stuff still confuses me.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

They are made to ONLY fit Jeeps they are hub centered just as the stock wheel. They are now a factory / dealer approved and available wheel. the backspacing is very good on a JK they also fit the Grand Cherokee.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:24 AM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for info guys
Old 03-13-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by coltc2000
They are made to ONLY fit Jeeps they are hub centered just as the stock wheel. They are now a factory / dealer approved and available wheel. the backspacing is very good on a JK they also fit the Grand Cherokee.
Not all grand Cherokees.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can use a jk or wk wheel on a jk. The jk wheels has less back spacing so a wider tire fits. If our are running stock or similar sized tires the wk back spacing will keep the wheel in a little closer to the frame, but still not as lose as stock wheels. If I remember correctly, stock 6" back spacing, wk 5 1/4" back spacing, and jk 4.75"
Old 03-14-2012, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Chances are you will rub a little at full turn. I have yet to see someone have these wheels and not rub without spacers. I know for anything in the 35+ is an issue but I do not know anyone with a smaller tire so depending on what your getting if smaller than a 35 it may work fine. Look around you will find a lot of used AEV wheels for sale because of this
You want to get something with a backspacing of 4.5 to 3.5 with a larger than stock tire so they don't rub.

Quick Reply: AEV Wheel Question