Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Aev vs teraflex 3.5 lifts

Old 03-19-2010, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Squishy????? Mine damn sure aint squishy. I have 4in springs though, I dunno bout the 2.5.
Might be the combo of Rubicon shocks and Tera springs, but it feels squishy to me.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love terraflex products. Aev's is awesome too, but I am on a budget and theirs is way too expensive for me. Good luck!
Old 03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Might be the combo of Rubicon shocks and Tera springs, but it feels squishy to me.
I thinks its an issue of progressive vs the linear spring rates. I have a cousin I wheel with often that has the 4" TF which he installed a few months ago after being tired of the problems with the bushings in his original FT lift. We've switched Jeeps a couple of times and I have noticed that his JK does have softer ride when the going gets rough.

I would never push someone else's Jeep hard enough to bottom it out at speed, specially my cousin's who is considerable bigger than I , but I have seen the rear end of his JK kick up on ocasion while i was cruising behind him on rough desert trails which is a tell-tale sign of bottoming out.

It's really a matter of personal preference. He prefers TF's more compliant ride, while I prefer the superior handling of the AEV kit. If I had purchased the TF kit, I would not be disappointed.

It just nice to have great choices!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you run the AEV high steer kit on a TF lift?
Old 03-19-2010, 06:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by stlfan06
Could you run the AEV high steer kit on a TF lift?
Yes, 10char

Quick Reply: Aev vs teraflex 3.5 lifts