Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: which kit?
AEV 3.5 Premium
26.00%
Rock Kawler 3.5 x factor mid (adding the AEV High Steer)
48.00%
Full Traction 3" Jeep JK Premium Plus 0% Maintenance kit (adding the AEV High Steer)
26.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

AEV vs Rock Kawler vs Full Traction

Old 02-22-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV vs Rock Kawler vs Full Traction

I have a 2009 4DR Rubicon Auto and my tax return should be here shortly...I am in need of a lift. I would like to go with 35's with the possiblity to throw 37's under it with the addition of flat flares way down the road. My Jeep is my one and only vehicle so I am 90% on road (highway every day for work) and I get off the road only a couple times a year if im lucky (rausch).

I have a Gobi Stealth Recon Rack and plan to add a RR XHD Rear Bumper with tire carrier in time. The front end has a RR XHD bumper with the front skid and will add a winch sometime down the road.

All that being said I have stock gears and know that will change in time (nj gear install prices/rates are just terrible...) as well as the front drive shaft.

I have been searching through old posts and reading up on as much as I can and have it down to 3 kits... AEV 3.5 Premium, Rock Kawler 3.5 x factor mid (adding the AEV High Steer) and Full Traction 3" Jeep JK Premium Plus 0% Maintenance kit (adding the AEV High Steer)

I understand the Jeep will settle and the install height will not last, but that being said I don't want to worry about the suspension sagging with all the weight I will have on the Jeep.

Any opinions and suggestions welcome...

Thanks in advance
Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler

Click image for larger version

Name:	180353_1681899399838_1008158291_31570622_1902254_n.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	129931Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep 028.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	129932I have the RockKrawler 3.5 lift on my JK with 35s. I love the lift. It has pretty much retained its lift even after almost a year. I have had to get a drop pitman, and recently installed a Tom Woods front shaft. That front CV shaft will go eventually. I dont have any experience with the other two choices, but this lift is BEEFY. They lower solid control arms weigh a ton. I ran Bilstein 5100 shocks and still have a great on road ride and plenty of flex.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by njbeachrat
I have a 2009 4DR Rubicon Auto and my tax return should be here shortly...I am in need of a lift. I would like to go with 35's with the possiblity to throw 37's under it with the addition of flat flares way down the road. My Jeep is my one and only vehicle so I am 90% on road (highway every day for work) and I get off the road only a couple times a year if im lucky (rausch).

I have a Gobi Stealth Recon Rack and plan to add a RR XHD Rear Bumper with tire carrier in time. The front end has a RR XHD bumper with the front skid and will add a winch sometime down the road.

All that being said I have stock gears and know that will change in time (nj gear install prices/rates are just terrible...) as well as the front drive shaft.

I have been searching through old posts and reading up on as much as I can and have it down to 3 kits... AEV 3.5 Premium, Rock Kawler 3.5 x factor mid (adding the AEV High Steer) and Full Traction 3" Jeep JK Premium Plus 0% Maintenance kit (adding the AEV High Steer)

I understand the Jeep will settle and the install height will not last, but that being said I don't want to worry about the suspension sagging with all the weight I will have on the Jeep.

Any opinions and suggestions welcome...

Thanks in advance
I have the AEV 4.5 Premium with the AEV High Steer and luv it. It handles better then stock and flexes like a mad man.... I also have 35's for now and planning on 37's when my tires get low on tread.... I did all my research on lifts that would best fit my need and decided on this lift, I have zero regreets...

Name:	100_3189.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	129936

Name:	100_3190.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	129937

Name:	IMG_2158.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	129938
Old 02-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sir

In order to meet your specific needs we can build you a JK 5.5" Mid Arm X Factor System, but with 3.5" coils and disconnects/rearlinks so you get our high steer setup and HD Drag Link all at the 3.5" lift height just like our PRO Aluminum 3.5 " X Factor System gets....

You can order that combination from any of our dealers/wholesalers/ or us. The price would be the same as the 5.5 with no up charge for making it custom to you!

That truely is the best of both worlds. Alot of guys are doing it...

RK
Old 02-22-2011, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension

Alot of guys are doing it...

RK
Give in to the peer pressure. RK is a great product with top notch customer support.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sir

In order to meet your specific needs we can build you a JK 5.5" Mid Arm X Factor System, but with 3.5" coils and disconnects/rearlinks so you get our high steer setup and HD Drag Link all at the 3.5" lift height just like our PRO Aluminum 3.5 " X Factor System gets....

You can order that combination from any of our dealers/wholesalers/ or us. The price would be the same as the 5.5 with no up charge for making it custom to you!

RK
forgive my ignorance but what your basically saying is a all components of pro aluminum 3.5" x factor system MINUS the aluminum aspect? for the price of a 5.5 x factor mid
Old 02-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Former Member

Sir

RK
I have ordered this exact combo before for a few customers. It is basically a 5.5" X Factor System with 3.5" coils. Give me a call to order, 800-333-5535 ext. 938.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

What we are saying is all the components of the 5.5" X Factor Mid Arm, but at the 3.5" Lift Height! This way you will get the high steer assembly you are looking for all in one nice, simple, package.

Does that make sense?

RK
Old 02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have you looked at the Teraflex or EVO kit?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

The Trailmaster 5" lift is a great kit. It includes driveshafts as well which you should consider. I'm running it with 37s, but I know several people running it with 35s.

Quick Reply: AEV vs Rock Kawler vs Full Traction