Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV vs. RK 2.5 - RK takes over when?

Old 11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I plan to frame this post and hang it in my office.
HAHA.. unfortunately, for me it's the truth.. the "engineered" shocks are even worse.. as I said.. if you spend most of your time loaded up with useless crap it would likely ride ok..

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Thanks for the kind words!

RK
No probs.. Now sort out a dealer in Australia PLEASE !!!
Old 11-12-2014, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank all for the replys, Im going RK for sure at this point, Now Im tossed up on 2.5 with 35's or 1.5 with 33's. As soon as I can figure it out I'll pull the trigger.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

1.5" with 35's
Old 11-13-2014, 12:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Only problem I have had with the RK control arms is the powder coating coming off. One of the rears looks to have it all bubbling off and all of them (lowers) the powder coating is coming off where the jam nut tightens. I also dont care for the Bilsteins 5100's that came with the kit from Northridge I plan on changing them out after the winter. Other than that I think for the money and what you get with the kit from Northridge extended brake lines, quick disconects, and bump stops thats extra its not a bad deal at all.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot94Z28
Only problem I have had with the RK control arms is the powder coating coming off. One of the rears looks to have it all bubbling off and all of them (lowers) the powder coating is coming off where the jam nut tightens. I also dont care for the Bilsteins 5100's that came with the kit from Northridge I plan on changing them out after the winter. Other than that I think for the money and what you get with the kit from Northridge extended brake lines, quick disconects, and bump stops thats extra its not a bad deal at all.
I have the same issue with any control arm I try. The paint falls right off onto rocks.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I have the same issue with any control arm I try. The paint falls right off onto rocks.
Yeah I would be fine with that too but I have not had a chance to off road mine like that. The paint is coming off from just tighting the jam nuts and I guess from rock chips from the highway.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

have you talked to Northridge4x4. they will tell you want you need based on what 4x4 needs you have they sell both kits. I was talked out of the RK simple because I Dont hard core wheel and never will. I wanted a better over all handling. talk to Oliver in Longmont.... he'll tell you the long term handling/drivetrain woes of the RKvsAEV and the offroad stuff too. they build jeeps all day everyday.

Quick Reply: AEV vs. RK 2.5 - RK takes over when?