Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV vs RC Rear D44 diff slider/skid plate (any opinions?)

Old 11-22-2013, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV vs RC Rear D44 diff slider/skid plate (any opinions?)

So I'm noticing that my rear diff is taking some abuse and I'd like to protect it better. I've got some minor rubs on the DS CV joint flange too. I have Riddler Diff covers, but the bottom of my D44 is getting pretty scored up. My RR control arm skids need to be painted every time I got out to a few trails around here, but are holding up fine. Maybe I'm just bad at picking lines...well that is a fact. The weather has made some of the CO trails I vistit pretty rocky.

So I'm looking at diff sliders offered by AEV and RC. The AEV is almost twice the RC slider, but I think thatthe RC slider is mated to the diff cover bolts for factory covers and I don't want to swap back to my stock diff covers. Can anyone confirm this? The AEV rear D44 slider seems to bolt up using a hoop style system that can work with any diff cover.

Any thoughts on these two products? How do I get the best price on either?
Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you are correct from the best I can see. The AEV is designed to allow you to use a aftermarket diff cover. In fact requires it to have any rear protection. The rough country is an "all in one" unit. It protects the bottom and rear without the need for a aftermarket diff cover. I'm not going to get into what one is better both are probably better than nothing. I am thinking about the RC from a price stand point, but I'm waiting to see if any problems arise before I get one.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by demtek9
So I'm noticing that my rear diff is taking some abuse and I'd like to protect it better. I've got some minor rubs on the DS CV joint flange too. I have Riddler Diff covers, but the bottom of my D44 is getting pretty scored up. My RR control arm skids need to be painted every time I got out to a few trails around here, but are holding up fine. Maybe I'm just bad at picking lines...well that is a fact. The weather has made some of the CO trails I vistit pretty rocky.

So I'm looking at diff sliders offered by AEV and RC. The AEV is almost twice the RC slider, but I think thatthe RC slider is mated to the diff cover bolts for factory covers and I don't want to swap back to my stock diff covers. Can anyone confirm this? The AEV rear D44 slider seems to bolt up using a hoop style system that can work with any diff cover.

Any thoughts on these two products? How do I get the best price on either?
I talked to someone at RC and it will only work with the stock cover.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKphotoshoot
I talked to someone at RC and it will only work with the stock cover.
Well that means there is only one real option in my situation. Thanks for the post.

Quick Reply: AEV vs RC Rear D44 diff slider/skid plate (any opinions?)