Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Tow loops/ tow bar mount on JK stock bumper

Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Tow loops/ tow bar mount on JK stock bumper

Has anyone installed the AEV tow loops for use with the D rings on a stock JK bumper with foglights? I think these look much better than the tow hooks. I assume you would have to cut a notch on the bottom of the plastic bumper for the bracket to extend down.

Just got word today my Jeep is on the train headed for KC. Why does it take 2 weeks for it to travel 800 miles?
Old 03-02-2007, 01:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KC JEEP
Has anyone installed the AEV tow loops for use with the D rings on a stock JK bumper with foglights? I think these look much better than the tow hooks. I assume you would have to cut a notch on the bottom of the plastic bumper for the bracket to extend down.

Just got word today my Jeep is on the train headed for KC. Why does it take 2 weeks for it to travel 800 miles?

I don't see any problem w/ installing the rings, but who knows? It's hard to see how they mount. Have you seen the Pure Jeep ones? I know for sure that those mount using the existing tow hook bolt holes.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:35 AM
JK Newbie

I agree, those look great. I'm going to get those on mine when AEV finally starts shiping their stuff. Those shown in your picture are mounted in an AEV skid plate that is sold separately. It is made of metal, not plastic. Those holes are cut for the front two hooks which is also sold as a separate item. I don't know if you could mount those two hooks through the OE plastic skid plate or not. AEV is very good about answering questions. I am sure they would tell you if you could mod the plastic skid plate to intall those. That whole system also has two spots dedicated as a lift spot for a high lift jack.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Newbie

Hi

Picked up on this thread whilst searching for a possible solution to my problem so hope someone has the answer.

In the UK we cannot fit the standard tow hooks as our bumpers are different and there is not the indent for cutting so was wondering if AEV hooks could be fitted to a standard bumper as the MOPAR skid plate already has two slots for tow bar fitting and would assume the AEV ones would use the same slots. So, can anyone confirm if AEV hooks can be fitted and ideally, how easy are they to do as have heard you need to drill the frame?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 11:23 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone able to answer whether it's possible to fit using standard bumper with Mopar skid plate?

Can you actually buy these separately as cannot find listed on any sites?
Old 07-28-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that you could get it to work but we did have to drill new holes to mount these hooks on my bumper. The other part that will be hard is getting AEV to send you just the hook mounts.

Quick Reply: AEV Tow loops/ tow bar mount on JK stock bumper