Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Supercharger Kit By Magnuson

Old 06-18-2013, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BoogieMan

Ok, I have to disagree that Manguson will make more power and torque that the RIPP supercharger can do. I can tell you off hand that the Manfuson charger will make more power than the RIPP charger. I understand where you coming from, but I need more proof. Show some graphs (sorry to sound like a geek) but I need more proof.

I've seen videos on the RIPP supercharger and but they dont give much power that you need in late rpm's of each gear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
What I said is it would make more torque at LOWER rpms compared to the ripp. Not overall.

I did some research and it is true.

A quick google search with some dynos will prove that, I'm sure.

Sorry but I don't own the vehicle and can't offer my own graphs.

Anyhow, I think both are nice kits but are definitely different
Old 06-19-2013, 01:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepwave

What I said is it would make more torque at LOWER rpms compared to the ripp. Not overall.

I did some research and it is true.

A quick google search with some dynos will prove that, I'm sure.

Sorry but I don't own the vehicle and can't offer my own graphs.

Anyhow, I think both are nice kits but are definitely different
Yes jeep wave. You are correct. The aev system will create way more hp/torque in the low rpm range than the ripp. Much better for a jeep users needs.

The ripp is more like a turbo than the aev unit. Needs rpm to make boost. Just the nature of the beast with a centrifugal supercharger. The aev is a roots/twin screw style charger that makes boost as soon as you tip the throttle. Much better for real world applications.

As I stated in another post regarding supercharger styles, I had an Integra with a Jackson racing roots system on it. Another friend had a vortech Sc system which uses a centrifugal supercharger. My car would kill his every time off the line until about 70 mph, then he would start to gain slowly. These were both the same car. We both agreed the roots charger was best for daily driving while the vortech system was best for making high hp on dynos.

Last edited by Kojack; 06-19-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Kojack

Yes jeep wave. You are correct. The aev system will create way more hp/torque in the low rpm range than the ripp. Much better for a jeep users needs.

The ripp is more like a turbo than the aev unit. Needs rpm to make boost. Just the nature of the beast with a centrifugal supercharger. The aev is a roots/twin screw style charger that makes boost as soon as you tip the throttle. Much better for real world applications.

As I stated in another post regarding supercharger styles, I had an Integra with a Jackson racing roots system on it. Another friend had a vortech Sc system which uses a centrifugal supercharger. My car would kill his every time off the line until about 70 mph, then he would start to gain slowly. These were both the same car. We both agreed the roots charger was best for daily driving while the vortech system was best for making high hp on dynos.
That's why I'm thinking the arb would be much better in an offroad situation
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor

If you haven't made a decision on the SC please consider the Innovate/Sprintex system. It is a true twin screw sc so the low end torque is great. It is very efficient so it is compact and does not require any relocation of major components. The price is very attractive as well. Contact RPM Extreme for more details or look on the Sprintex site.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yep. Exactly right. If your drag racing then the ripp is the choice, if your doing daily driving, off loading and trail running aev/magnuson/sprintex will be the best choice.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Have one in my bought new heavier than stock 2008 JKU Rubicon since a year and a half. Have had no issues. Install went well; no leaks or problems of any sort to report. From the sluggish dog that it was, it's now a pleasant driving experience. Old school comparison : as if I"d have swapped an anemic 6 cyl. in say, a '65 Chevy Impala with a stock 350 small block 2 barrel carb. Not LOADS of power as a 6.4 Hemi swap, far from that, but still a very noticeable improvement. No regrets here. It may be costly, this AEV/Magnuson but it did do what I was hoping it'd do - having 'normal' acceleration off a stop & sufficient power to overtake on highways without worrying about oncoming left lane traffic.

Quick Reply: AEV Supercharger Kit By Magnuson