Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Supercharger Kit By Magnuson

Old 06-17-2013, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Supercharger Kit By Magnuson

Im curious if anyone tried out or seen this new supercharger made by AEV. Really curious on the performance results on the blower for the JK 3.8L engine.

Link

Click image for larger version

Name:	176319-add1-lg.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	468957

Last edited by BoogieMan; 06-17-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread has a lot of information. Wes at Magnuson Superchargers has been busy... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

google magnuson JK supercharger and you'll find some more threads.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

I'm curious about this particular supercharger. If anyone know or have experience using this charger on a daily bases. I would like to know the real world results? I assume that this charger would produce more power and torque than the RIPP Centrifugal style supercharger.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Freak

A local 4x4 shop won a rubicon from rubicon express and decided to throw one of these kits in. It's a 4 door running 37s ...3.8L engine as it is a 2007

I had the chance to take a ride in it as I'm pretty close with the guys there and I loved it. It almost was more like a turbo charge compared to the ripp supercharger

If I had to pick, having seen both, I like this one better to be honest.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BoogieMan
I'm curious about this particular supercharger. If anyone know or have experience using this charger on a daily bases. I would like to know the real world results? I assume that this charger would produce more power and torque than the RIPP Centrifugal style supercharger.
It definitely produces more torque which is why I was saying it reminds me of a turbo charger. It's remarkable to say the least.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

I haven't seen many people on the forums commenting on the kit specifically. It looks to be very complete and I like the air/water intercooler. I am sure they are able to dial in the tuning and still keep respectable gas mileage numbers. I just wish the price point was a little lower. It seems like a lot of coin compared to others out there.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepwave
It definitely produces more torque which is why I was saying it reminds me of a turbo charger. It's remarkable to say the least.
How so, that the supercharger is similar to the turbocharger? Is there any lag and is there huge difference in using a intercooler verses a non intercooler setup? Same with the centrifugal verses the and up-to-date version of the blower?

Last edited by BoogieMan; 06-18-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nocoastfocus
I haven't seen many people on the forums commenting on the kit specifically. It looks to be very complete and I like the air/water intercooler. I am sure they are able to dial in the tuning and still keep respectable gas mileage numbers. I just wish the price point was a little lower. It seems like a lot of coin compared to others out there.
I totally agree on the price. But what about the performance between the new 3.6L engine and the 3.8L with the AEV supercharger? I know the price comparison doesn't help much but still curious on the real world performance between the two.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BoogieMan

How so, that the supercharger is similar to the turbocharger? Is there any lag and is there huge difference in using a intercooler verses a non intercooler setup?
What i tried to say was The magnuson compared to the ripp just feels more like a turbo charger than a supercharger it doesn't whine as much and actually kicks in differently it has more of a low end torque (or at least it felt that way to me when I tested it out)

The ripp doesn't seem to produce much torque until a higher rpm where as the aev kit kicks in at a lower rpm, in my opinion, something I would use more often in an offroad situation.

In my personal opinion, if you're looking for something to boost you up on the highway ripp is the way to go but from what I have seen first hand, in a lower range where you're gonna be crawling and need that low end torque this magnuson seems to take the winning hand

The other thig I loved about he magnuson kit I saw was that it looks so clean. It looks oem. And u can add an aev snorkel. It just seems more practical for offroad use IMHO.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepwave
What i tried to say was The magnuson compared to the ripp just feels more like a turbo charger than a supercharger it doesn't whine as much and actually kicks in differently it has more of a low end torque (or at least it felt that way to me when I tested it out)

The ripp doesn't seem to produce much torque until a higher rpm where as the aev kit kicks in at a lower rpm, in my opinion, something I would use more often in an offroad situation.

In my personal opinion, if you're looking for something to boost you up on the highway ripp is the way to go but from what I have seen first hand, in a lower range where you're gonna be crawling and need that low end torque this magnuson seems to take the winning hand

The other thig I loved about he magnuson kit I saw was that it looks so clean. It looks oem. And u can add an aev snorkel. It just seems more practical for offroad use IMHO.
Ok, I have to disagree that Manguson will make more power and torque that the RIPP supercharger can do. I can tell you off hand that the Manfuson charger will make more power than the RIPP charger. I understand where you coming from, but I need more proof. Show some graphs (sorry to sound like a geek) but I need more proof.

I've seen videos on the RIPP supercharger and but they dont give much power that you need in late rpm's of each gear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: AEV Supercharger Kit By Magnuson