Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Supercharger Help

Old 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Supercharger Help

I’m getting a AEV Supercharge installed on a 2011 JK. The AEV dealer that is installing the SC has had my JK for 4 days. What do I need to know if the SC is installed/tuned correctly? What to look for? Per AEV’s website this mod should only take 8-10 hours, should I be concerned? Thanks in advanced and cheers.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call the dealer and ask why it's taking so long? Maybe their mechanics have no idea what they are doing, from my experience if it says 8-10 hours that's allot should take. Magnuson creates great tunes so there should be no issues with the tune. The aev supercharger is the magnuson supercharger just rebranded.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

IME, if the AEV website says 8-10hrs, that's 5-7hrs for an experienced installer...I'd be in their face after day two looking for answers.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

AdvJeep,

That's my concern, the dealer doesn't know that their doing. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AdvJeep
Call the dealer and ask why it's taking so long? Maybe their mechanics have no idea what they are doing, from my experience if it says 8-10 hours that's allot should take. Magnuson creates great tunes so there should be no issues with the tune. The aev supercharger is the magnuson supercharger just rebranded.
good luck. My local AEV dealer absolutely sucks and AEV didn't seem to care at all. Dave H, AEV's founder, emailed me back but nothing was done and I never heard from the dealer again. I'm done with AEV after my experience. I've had my heart set on their bumpers for a while(in addition to my lift and wheels which I already have done), but I will be going a different route unless I can find them used and not send any money AEV's way. My rant isn't helping you though so I'll end it there and apologize haha. Give the AEV forum a shot, they can be helpful over there sometimes.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by etl330
good luck. My local AEV dealer absolutely sucks and AEV didn't seem to care at all. Dave H, AEV's founder, emailed me back but nothing was done and I never heard from the dealer again. I'm done with AEV after my experience. I've had my heart set on their bumpers for a while(in addition to my lift and wheels which I already have done), but I will be going a different route unless I can find them used and not send any money AEV's way. My rant isn't helping you though so I'll end it there and apologize haha. Give the AEV forum a shot, they can be helpful over there sometimes.
etl330,

Thanks, I'll look at AEV's forum for additional info.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Freak

Yeah, I'd be a little concerned... it is not a difficult install, and should in no way take an experienced mechanic 4 days or longer to do the install - unless they are just sitting on it and not actually working on it (which is equally not cool)

Me and a friend did mine in about 8-10 hours, and we took our sweet time doing it, along with having to relocate some of my other after market stuff around (air tank, air manifold with locker solenoids, air lines, birds nest of wires, etc...)

The tune should come from Magnuson directly; I emailed them my stock/base tune in the morning, and had my custom tune back that afternoon. Loaded it up after the install and had no problems (of course make sure you have premium in the gas tank).

Either way, once its all sorted out you should be very happy with the results!
Old 01-26-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anybody know any dyno results on this SC? I know there website says 40% increase. Very interested in this sc since the lift and tires.

Quick Reply: AEV Supercharger Help