Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV stand alone tire carrier with ARB bumper?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcwade
Anyone else think $600+ for a TIRE CARRIER is rediculous?
I have to agree. When i first saw buster04's photo I thought, damn that's what I'm doing. I like the idea of a stand alone tire carrier that doesn't require drilling. I've seen great reviews of the OR-Fab carrier but I'm not ready to drill into my JK. Definitely a little letdown to read a $600+ pricetag. For that money I'll stick to saving for an XRC tire carrier bumper.

Looks awesome btw buster04!
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

600$ FOR JUST THE SPARE MOUNT IS IN MY WORLD INSANE
Old 01-05-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is part of the Jeep insanity.

It is no worse than buying a $30K new vehicle adding $10K in mods and then thrashing it while we climb rock walls or burying it in mud for thrill of it.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump for more info on just adding the tire carrier
Old 01-06-2010, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just tried to put a new 35" Goodyear MTR on the stock trie carrier and bumper and it does NOT clear the bumper. I tried it with one of my old spacers and did the trick. Im waitin on a new AEV tire carrier because im worries that it is too much strews on the stock swing gate.

My question is who has plans or a template for mounting the AEV tire carrier on the stock bumper???? AEV was not much help with this...
Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HAOLE
a 35 fits just fine with an OEM bumper. You can even squeeze a 37 on there. The AEV carrier would raise the mounting point so I would guess a 37 would be no problem
How did you get it fit? Mine hits the stock bumper and I can't completely close the swing gate. If I muscle it and slammit closed I could probably do it but my worry is that eventualy it would rip off the stock tire carrier.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good, but expensive. I wonder with all the thought they put into it, why not make it to where the spare would be centered on the Jeep. Maybe cosmetic, but the price isn't low enough for me to overlook it. Now if it was for $300-400 I bet these would be on back order. Maybe it was something to do with how they can get the carrier to open with the tail gate?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bump for help!

OK! It looks like I'm getting ready to "pull the trigger" on ARB front and rear bumpers. However, this doesn't solve my tire carrier problem. I've searched AEV and ARB and..... nadda! Any thoughts or help on the ARB rear bumper working with AEV tire carrier? How big is the hole you need to cut / drill to mount the AEV carrier?

Thanks!
Old 04-05-2011, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

Bumping this thread to see if anyone attempted to install the AEV tire carrier on the ARB bumper.
Also if you have the instruction for assembling the ARB bumper I would like a copy to see if any major compatability issues are visible

Quick Reply: AEV stand alone tire carrier with ARB bumper?