Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Spacer Suspension Lift

Old 04-09-2011, 12:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by tljk2007
I'm glad it was brought up again.I'm new and can't decide which bb to go with.I was thinking about the full traction.(Its the most budget minded I have found but I'm worried I'll end up having to buy the other parts later
As with any lift, the added components are a preference. Rather than ask people who have no clue what your tolerance is, do a little more research to get a handle on what specifically each component does, and at what heights they may become more important.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump

Bump. Anybody installed this lift yet???
Old 04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We just got our shipment today and shipping out 10 of these so people will have them soon.

David
Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks David!!! I hope to hear some good news and then I will be one of those buyers from you!!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just did the rear.

The rear spacer is 1.75" but the instructions indicate to remove the factory isolator so the effective lift in the back is about 1 - 1.25". The bumpstops and shock extensions are about 1" also.

This may be the reason there are no rear sway bar, track bar or brake line modifications for the rear.

I have not done the front yet but the front spacer is a full 2" and the factory isolator is to be left in place. This should add a full 2" of lift in the front so it does include sway links and brake line brackets. I can imagine that it will take out any rake.

The photo below is not mine but was indicated to have the 2" suspension and 33's:

Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Matt08JK

Good to hear, Please post pictures when you're done... I'll be waiting in suspense! You could make or brake my new purchase from Nothridge4x4!

I appreciate the post!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
I just did the rear.

The rear spacer is 1.75" but the instructions indicate to remove the factory isolator so the effective lift in the back is about 1 - 1.25". The bumpstops and shock extensions are about 1" also.

This may be the reason there are no rear sway bar, track bar or brake line modifications for the rear.

I have not done the front yet but the front spacer is a full 2" and the factory isolator is to be left in place. This should add a full 2" of lift in the front so it does include sway links and brake line brackets. I can imagine that it will take out any rake.

The photo below is not mine but was indicated to have the 2" suspension and 33's:
This is the direction I am going, please post some pics when you are done with the install. That AEV jeep looks good.

David-Hopefully you have plenty in stock!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

David sold me mine. It was delivered amazingly fast, and it should be installed this week, wife permitting...

I have to admit im dissapointed with AEV's suggested front brake line quick fix for 2011's. Zip tying the brake line, unpadded, to the shock don't jive with me.

Pictures upon installation!
Old 04-25-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gonzobongo
David sold me mine. It was delivered amazingly fast, and it should be installed this week, wife permitting...

I have to admit im dissapointed with AEV's suggested front brake line quick fix for 2011's. Zip tying the brake line, unpadded, to the shock don't jive with me.

Pictures upon installation!
Cool, think I will order it this week. I have seen more pics of the spacer w/ 33's. This is the set up I am looking for. Look forward to seeing your pics.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

good info.

Quick Reply: AEV Spacer Suspension Lift