Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

aev snorkle/ mbrp exhaust combo

Old 07-26-2010, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aev snorkle/ mbrp exhaust combo

I've go the superchips programmer running a 93 tune and from what I read, i may realize some slight power gains with more airflow. I'm looking to get the AEV ram air snorkle and the mbrp "off road" exhaust mostly for the functionality of both. What is the best prices on these? Also, is anyone else running this combo or does anyone foresee any issues with this setup?
Old 07-26-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a solid choice in form and function. How much real wheel gains will you see, hard to say but it is a great combo no matter what for what they both do as far as hydrolocking and muffler placement concerns.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited
I've go the superchips programmer running a 93 tune and from what I read, i may realize some slight power gains with more airflow. I'm looking to get the AEV ram air snorkle and the mbrp "off road" exhaust mostly for the functionality of both. What is the best prices on these? Also, is anyone else running this combo or does anyone foresee any issues with this setup?
Check with David at Northridge, or Quadratec as they should be able to get you pricing on both our exhaust, and the snorkel.

Steve
Old 07-27-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Exhaust ordered thanks to Bryan at 4wd and Snorkle ordered thanks to David at Northridge. Flat fenders going on Thursday, and the rest of the goodies next week
Old 07-28-2010, 09:51 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by rubi08unlimited

Rubicon_Fan is running this combination (Western Canada). Superchips, AEV snorkel and MBRP exhaust. Sounds Awesome Give him a PM.

I am running the superchips and the AEV snorkel and coming from a AirRaid CAI system...it seemed to dog down alittle but this is running the stock air filter with my snorkel. I have a AFe drop in filter coming in to hopefully see some more punch again. I am still running the stock exhaust but plan on going either MBRP or Magnaflow exhaust.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Junkie

Running AEV's snorkel..... MBRP's SS off road exhaust..... and have Superchips.... havent noticed any differance between 93 & 87 settings.....

Not to mention we also have a K&N filter

Quick Reply: aev snorkle/ mbrp exhaust combo