Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV snorkel with Ram Air + Rain???

Old 03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV snorkel with Ram Air + Rain???

Ok this may have been asked about a million times so what is one more? I have a AEV snorkel with the ram air. I know it has to be designed so that rain water doesn't get sucked up. Could someone please explain to me how.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought the snorkel and sold it without installing it, however when I was inspecting it, I thought there were some drainage holes in that ram air head (rear of it? or something)...

I've seen this post before and everyone said the design is such it won't suck water, even in a torrential downpour. I wouldn't worry about it one bit.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Searched on snorkel + rain:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...v+snorkle+rain
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had mine on for over a year now, I have driven in alot of HEAVY rain and I have been through some 4 to 4.5 foot deep "puddles", and I have never had a wet air filter

Quick Reply: AEV snorkel with Ram Air + Rain???