Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV snorkel with an MBRP light bar?

Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV snorkel with an MBRP light bar?

Hey guys, I have an mbrp light bar and I really think I want to run a snorkel because of all the hydrolocking stories. Does anyone know if it will still fit on even with an MBRP light bar? Let me know and post pictures if you got em! Thanks!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

i dont think any of the manufactures light bars currently out work with the AEV snorkle

only ones are the homemade ones you see around such as ECHO's and a few others, i cant wait to get one soon myself
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

It has to be done. I need to make it happen haha
Old 07-09-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Snorkel or LightBar or Both...
a light bar, i have the snorkel,
Old 07-10-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, it wont work unless heavily modified. Any lightbar attached to the front should work.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Default AEV snorkel with an MBRP light bar?

I've confirmed this and put it in the MBRP lightbar thread that it WILL NOT work with a snorkel. I tried dry fitting one and it just doesn't fit.The problem is the outer welded mounts towards the bottom of the light bar stick out really far. I'm sure this was done for vision purposes for the driver, but that's where you run into your problem the snorkel cant squeeze in to make enough room to fit behind it without hitting the door opening. The only way I could see it happening was if you chop them off and re weld them on the opposite side so they faced "in" not "out" but then you'd still have to account for the leftover tubing along the top. Probably have to cut out about an inch on each side and well at this point you've massacred the powder coat which would have to be redone. And pretty much remade a perfectly good product. So I just gave up on the thought if running a snorkel for the time being.

Quick Reply: AEV snorkel with an MBRP light bar?