Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV snorkel installed

Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
I know someone said they cut theirs with dremel cut off wheels

clamp both sides, you dont want to get stuck in water over valve cover with that hose off, not that you want to get stuck in it with it on either
Cut and sanded mine with a dremel and the little cutoff wheels....took all of 10 minutes and is very easy to control a little dremel.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like
Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by falconfixer
I wouldn't recommed trying to make the cut with an ordinary dremel that's for sure. I picked up a cheap air compressor (11 gallon) and it came with an air grinder. I bought the metal cutoff wheels and attachment and used that. The small compressor made for a little longer then it should have as waiting for pressure to build up every now and again. The directions that come with it are spot on and even come with a template. You mark your area, use a 2" hole saw to cut the corners and a cut-off wheel for the rest. After that its a matter of cleaning it up, spraying it for rust protection and buttoning everything else up. You can see the other piece you rivet on so it covers your cut up pretty well. tkob, good looking out about the flex hose. I thought snotting some silicone around it but will prolly add another hose clamp.
Originally Posted by falconfixer
oh yea, a short piece of 4x4 lumber props it up at the right angle for the outside cut. The inside cut requires a little more dexterity. Defenitely do it yourself or with a buddy and save the shop cash for another mod
Cheers...this is next on my mod list, time to get the angle grinder out again....
Old 06-22-2009, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used a dremel and cutoff wheels here too. It was pretty easy, and it went a little slower allowing for better control. All in all, a very easy upgrade. Make sure to seal everything with gasket seal!! Even the holes at the bottom of the air box!

Quick Reply: AEV snorkel installed