Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Snorkel

Old 04-04-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quadratec probably was asked to remove it by AEV... the reason it's "taking so long" is because it hasn't been released yet. AEV has a policy (a good one in my opinion) to not release dates or tons of info until they have their product stocked up to meet the demands of initial orders - so that they aren't backed up like crazy from the get-go.
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to Matt at AEV they are just completing some final details on it (like instalation instructions).
Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKBenB
Quadratec probably was asked to remove it by AEV... the reason it's "taking so long" is because it hasn't been released yet. AEV has a policy (a good one in my opinion) to not release dates or tons of info until they have their product stocked up to meet the demands of initial orders - so that they aren't backed up like crazy from the get-go.
I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I respect that about AEV.. not like arb and airflow that been emailing
and saying "next month" ,,next few weeks etc,, since 1.5 years ago LOL
Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 AM
JK Newbie

Default AEV Snorkel Ready

Saw ad on back of JP magazine for Quadratec. AEV & Quadratec's web pages don't list it yet. Photo Shopped here onto my Rubicon. They said possibly ready to start shipping mid April? We'll see.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I might have to buyt this ...
Old 04-09-2008, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKmike07
Wow out of all the snorkels I have seen for the JK I like this one best. I really like how it ties in with the factory air box. We would have to change a little to make it 100% water tight but no biggie.

You know after this video was done [YouTube] I have really wanted a snorkel. Now I just have to wait. Hopefully when they come out ill have the cash saved up.

Damn you David for making me spend all this money lol.
Nice video
Old 04-09-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

I am holding out for the Safari snorkel. I spoke with Ben Shaw and he said he plans for it to be out the end of this month or the first of next. I like the look and the features better. No cutting the hood is a big plus in my book.

Old 04-09-2008, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
I am holding out for the Safari snorkel. I spoke with Ben Shaw and he said he plans for it to be out the end of this month or the first of next. I like the look and the features better. No cutting the hood is a big plus in my book.

You still have to cut somewhere into the body or quarter panel. So I don't know why not cutting the hood is a big plus.
The thing that I really like about AEV is that it is removable. (From what I understand.)
It looks kinda silly when people are driving around concrete jungles in the middle of a drought with snorkles on.
Plus AEV will have two different intakes, and I would think they could be interchangeable.
One ram air design and a dust catcher.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ChewyGranola
You still have to cut somewhere into the body or quarter panel. So I don't know why not cutting the hood is a big plus.
The thing that I really like about AEV is that it is removable. (From what I understand.)
It looks kinda silly when people are driving around concrete jungles in the middle of a drought with snorkles on.
Plus AEV will have two different intakes, and I would think they could be interchangeable.
One ram air design and a dust catcher.
Cutting into an already weak hood just concerns me, maybe it is no big deal but it does. Taking it on and off would be a plus.

The safari does have a built in water seperator and it can be rotated for heavy rain and snow. Pre filters can also be used for dusty conditions.

It just comes down to what you like...and we all won't like the same thing.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

AEV we know you have it & we want it now.me

Quick Reply: AEV Snorkel