Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Snorkel

Old 03-08-2008, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
No its not an illusion it's forward facing in that picture. In heavy snow you can turn it around to prevent clogging

Edit - quite happy to cut my hood

my only contention there is that in side by side pictures, many parts of the AEV are just as small as the RR....the biggest problem is the small connection to the air box....it is tiny. this will restrict airflow

i know what you are saying about buildup in intake, but i have never had any problems....drove four hours yesterday in heavy snow and sleet with no problems....i have actually done this many times.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cormac827
my only contention there is that in side by side pictures, many parts of the AEV are just as small as the RR....the biggest problem is the small connection to the air box....it is tiny. this will restrict airflow

i know what you are saying about buildup in intake, but i have never had any problems....drove four hours yesterday in heavy snow and sleet with no problems....i have actually done this many times.
Cormac you get snow in Rochester? If anyone would know if the snow builds up in the RR it would be you.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

haha we have about 14" now where im at....should be 18-24 by morning. started fresh friday afternoon....gotta love it.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand why people are complaining about having to buy the hood or buy the AEV hood. I am planning on getting both so that for daily driving I can remove the snorkel, and just run the snorkel when I am going off road. I have yet to see any other snorkel company offer this kind of flexability with their products.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I definitively like the AEV snorkel. As for know, by far it seems to be the best design compared to RR.

Here are some more pics;

Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 PM
JK Freak

Default dude...

That black JK with the silver on the mesh for the hood looks sharp.....

Oh, and if it does indeed cover your precious Rubi sticker, remember you have one on the other side.....
Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 AM
JK Jedi

That AEV stuff is sharp.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

I'm not feeling the "Coleman lantern" look on top...Maybe if they painted it hot pink it would blend in more.

Last edited by ROKLIMO; 03-20-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
Yeah you could just cut your stock hood but I'm sure there is a reason for utalizing the AEV hood with that snorkel.
Sure there is a reason, for a perfect fit and ease of use. If you're good at taking measurements a cut in the stock hood will be just as good. You don't have to buy the AEV hood, you don't even have to think about it.

It seems like folks are latching on to the hood/snorkel combo and using that as a pitfall. It's far from it.

The AEV, from the looks of it, has no better chance at getting ripped off than the RR.

The connection to the air box on the AEV will not restrict flow anymore that running without the snorkel. It uses factory connections, so it will restrict flow just as much as the factory "snorkel" does.

All points aside, people have a right to choose, that's what's great about living here.

For everyone who wants a snorkel and buys one because of how it looks (there's a lot of talk about it in this thread), always remember, function > form. Hopefully you made the right choice (whichever that may be). Unless of course you're afraid of that puddle in the mall parking lot.

Last edited by riverzendz; 03-20-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Unless of course you're afraid of that puddle in the mall parking lot.
Hey! Mall flooding is a growing concern in the US!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Crabtree Mall Flood (Medium).jpg
Views:	330
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	7206

Quick Reply: AEV Snorkel