Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Snorkel

Old 03-05-2008, 11:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont like it,, that prefilter looks bad. hope the ram air gives it a better look

i bet airflows will be the nicest,, lets just wait and see in a couple of weeks maybe.

Last edited by luisjg; 03-05-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Newbie

I have one think to point out.

My brother as a ARB Snorkel on is TJ. It come in on the side of the Jeep. There is a pieces of hose going down under the frame and then back up to the air intake. It happen once that the hose cut right under the frame and suck all the water it could. This wasn't pretty.

With the AEV snorkel what is nice is this will not happen, It is very easy the inspect the snorkel and see if there is any damage to it. I agree that it is also very great that there is only on connection in the entire system... This will also prevent any leaking problem.

But this is only my point of view... I taste are the nature and it is great to see so many different set-up and opinion. I don't think that there is any right or wrong answer.

JM
Old 03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gros Chien
I have one think to point out.

My brother as a ARB Snorkel on is TJ. It come in on the side of the Jeep. There is a pieces of hose going down under the frame and then back up to the air intake. It happen once that the hose cut right under the frame and suck all the water it could. This wasn't pretty.

JM
Why did he run the hose under the frame?? The ARB snorkel for TJ goes in through the fender just above the Jeep logo. From there it goes straight into the engine compartment. My friend's TJ has it and I had considered putting it on mine. I didn't like the idea of cutting into the body though. I just can't see why your brother would have routed his underneath his frame.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

I talked to Kenny from RR today, mine is painted to match and on its way here on Monday. I didn't like Safari's/ARB's version and this one is worse IMO. After seeing the RR in action and on the JK's in person, I'm very happy with my choice. There is an AEV hood on RR's but it has nothing to do with the function of the snorkel.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

I am very happy with the look and functionality of my river raider also.

looks are all opinion but i do think the AEV looks bad...i love aev's other stuff though. it just seems to look out of place.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cormac827
I am very happy with the look and functionality of my river raider also.

looks are all opinion but i do think the AEV looks bad...i love aev's other stuff though. it just seems to look out of place.
x2 I love mine, specially how it looks....I've never liked ow any of the plastic snorkels looked on any jeep and that aev one is WAY huge

This thing looks awsome....ok I'm Extremely biased so
Old 03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

I like this snorkel too. Fits nicely with the whole setup.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Littlejon
I found this and thought it looked interesting. Another thing for me to save for. hxxp://forum.aev-conversions.com/showthread.php?p=1452#post1452

I think that looks a heck of a lot better than the River Raider or whatever it's called. The RR looks like someone made it in their backyard. No offense to those that own it. Everyone has their own tastes. I'd buy the AEV snorkel. I like that it goes in through the hood. I had considered the ARB for my TJ but didn't want to cut the fender in case I got rid of the snorkel or the Jeep.

For those that consider home builds. I had seen a home made job of using pvc piping and cutting into the hood just like the AEV does. I figured I'd replace my hood before my fender (I don't know why). Looks like AEV read my mind.

Now I liked their hood but figured it was extra I didn't need.. Now I may need it. Thanks a lot AEV, my wife is going to appreciate this.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

forward facing or an illusion?

I'm not biased, everyone has to be different in their own way. That's why there are hundred's of style's of rim's, car's, house's, clothes, etc.. by all means get what you want but a snorkel that forces you to buy an aftermarket hood for an extra $750 isn't my cup of tea. Yeah you could just cut your stock hood but I'm sure there is a reason for utalizing the AEV hood with that snorkel.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Yes and it doesn't fit as good as when it's new. My friend has this snorkel on his TJ and has had the top pop off at times. I'll pass.

Quick Reply: AEV Snorkel