Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Snorkel

Old 03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is a photo of the way it attaches to the stock airbox. Very simple and very clean.

Utilizes the vent cutout in the AEV hood, taking a nostalgic cue from the Jeep M38A1 (Google it for those who don't know what it is) deep water fording kit. for a no drill - no cut installation.
If you don't have the AEV hood, the kit comes with a trim ring and template for cutting the stock OE hood.
Comes with either a traditional "Air Ram" with an integral water separator or with the cyclonic pre-filter (shown) which is awesome for dusty dirty desert use.
Plugs directly into the factory airbox, easily removable if used with the AEV hood.
Works on RHD, LHD, 3.8 or 2.8 CRD.
Pricing should somewhere in the neighborhood of $300.

Last edited by Northridge4x4; 03-05-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also from the fact that it is also designed to fit a CRD JK this gives me more optomism about getting one in the near future, or at least a conversion.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easily removable, I like that concept. While I think these are great if you run into certain situations, and would pop it on when hitting the trails, they are hideous for just driving around town as my Jeep is my daily driver.

Does anyone know if you can buy just the side vents from AEV or what they are made of? Might be an easy mod and not look too bad when you cut the stock hood, just do it to both sides and you'd have a partial AEV hood.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

i really like this. sounds cool, and its a pretty good price compared to a volant snorkel. i hope they make somethign like this for tjs
Old 03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How will this snorkel work with a aftermarket CAI system, Like Mopar or AEI's ?
Old 03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It appears it wont.

David
Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

I like the top mushroom part of it...not everything else. The RR looks much tighter to the body. that thing looks like it would get ripped off pretty easily. Also, AEVs hood is 1200 dollars...jeeps is 250.00 i would much rather dent the factory hood, then the AEV out on a trail
Old 03-05-2008, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the info and pic, Dave. I like this snorkel the most out of what I've seen available. Think I'd have to cut my hood though, that AEV hood still hurts the wallet too much.

Originally Posted by Littlejon
Also from the fact that it is also designed to fit a CRD JK this gives me more optomism about getting one in the near future, or at least a conversion.
CRD is available in other areas of the world. Because it's designed for them doesn't mean it's coming to the US.

Originally Posted by boots
Why would you have a CAI and a snorkel. That's kind of like an oxymoron.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the River Raider snorkel set up better. I've seen the river raider in person and really like the fact that it follows the body lines better than this AEV. I like it so much that I ordered one color matched to my jeep. It should ship this week.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

I like this AEV snorkel. Someday maybe if I have the money for the hood, I could get the snorkel. After I get a lift, tires, wheels, divorce, front bumper, rear bumper, winch....

Quick Reply: AEV Snorkel