Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV RS kit versus Rancho Sport

Old 08-20-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't represent manhood? Are u saying I need to quit hitting on chicks while holding a coil over setup? No wonder it don't work, I was bout to write a letter to evo. WOL is someone to listen too guys even if it ain't what u want to here
Old 08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Just wanted to post in what seems likely to become an epic thread.

Just popped popcorn and multi tasking this thread and ESPN.

Oh, I should mention I bought the Rancho 4" sport lift instead of the AEV. In my opinion I got better quality and left myself more money for other mods.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
please, there's hardly what i would call an arguement here.

of course, this is exactly what you did - got a hold of some 4wheel drive shops and clubs and test drove and wheel their jeeps before buying your AEV lift kit. i'd be interested to hear what your experiences were with the rancho 4" lift kit. it is afterall, what the OP was comparing the AEV 4.5" kit to. please be specific as the devil is always in the details.
Wow! All I was doing was giving advise on how I chose my lift. I never looked at Rancho, I looked at Teraflex, Rubicon Express and AEV. That's why I didn't offer my opinion on the lifts. I am glad you checked my profile to see what lift I have so you could continue on your rant and critisize my comments as well.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

LOL!! first off, i am 100% correct here. second, if you really feel personally slammed by anything i may have said, you really need to step back, take a deep breath and start looking at your lift kit as just a product and not as some kind of extension of your manhood.
I'm 69 years old. Chances are I was building, running, and racing rigs when the poster above was still a twinkle in his dad's eye. Any notion that my vehicle represents any part of my manhood went out when I was 20-something.

Every component on my Jeep - good or bad - represents what I think will work mechanically for me. I don't give a rat's butt who built the part long as it works as advertised. My comparison was strictly on the basis of cost because the products are similarly priced with a similar selection of components.

As we know, this forum is sponsor-supported. The moderators are indirect voices for those sponsors. I really don't get how it helps the sponsors for a moderator to be snarky during discussions about the products. It should not even matter whether a particular product is a sponsor because all Jeep products contribute to the economy of aftermarket sales and all boats float higher on a rising tide.

For my own part, I will continue to share what I know here when it fits, and learn what I don't whenever possible. My days of mentioning brand names and posting brands in my sig are over, however.

@BigT: Totally agree that WOL has a lot of wisdom to offer, but the price of admission is tough to take. I actually have pretty thick skin but enuf is enuf.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:40 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by blang816
Way office either got hacked or he's having a really bad day. He has teed off on a few threads today and acting more like the way he is insulting people.
Originally Posted by Jeep(NV)
Angry Americans lmao! Loving this!
LOL!! just because may not like what they hear from me doesn't mean that i am somehow angry or teed off. just like everyone else here, i am simply expressing my opinion about products and the fanboys who are committed to worship them.

Originally Posted by AgentK
Wow! All I was doing was giving advise on how I chose my lift. I never looked at Rancho, I looked at Teraflex, Rubicon Express and AEV. That's why I didn't offer my opinion on the lifts. I am glad you checked my profile to see what lift I have so you could continue on your rant and critisize my comments as well.
wow, and all i did was ask if you actually did what you were advising to do about the 2 specific products. like all aev fanboys, you clearly chimed in this thread for a reason and yeah, your profile showed me why.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Freewill
I'm 69 years old. Chances are I was building, running, and racing rigs when the poster above was still a twinkle in his dad's eye. Any notion that my vehicle represents any part of my manhood went out when I was 20-something.
could have fooled me but hey, what do i know.

Every component on my Jeep - good or bad - represents what I think will work mechanically for me. I don't give a rat's butt who built the part long as it works as advertised. My comparison was strictly on the basis of cost because the products are similarly priced with a similar selection of components.
umm, hello - your comparison was of a lift kit made by a manufacturer not even being asked about.

As we know, this forum is sponsor-supported. The moderators are indirect voices for those sponsors.
how predictable. you don't like what you hear and so the moderators must somehow have some kind of agenda. clearly, you've already chosen to believe whatever it is you want to believe and if that helps you to sleep better at night, i wish you sweet dreams.

I really don't get how it helps the sponsors for a moderator to be snarky during discussions about the products. It should not even matter whether a particular product is a sponsor because all Jeep products contribute to the economy of aftermarket sales and all boats float higher on a rising tide.
LOL at "snarky" - for a guy who doesn't give a rats butt as to who makes your parts, you sure do care a lot about what a moderator says about them.

For my own part, I will continue to share what I know here when it fits, and learn what I don't whenever possible. My days of mentioning brand names and posting brands in my sig are over, however.
and for my part, i will continue to point out where guys like you are wrong when it fits and will hope that you do learn what you don't know whenever possible.

Totally agree that WOL has a lot of wisdom to offer, but the price of admission is tough to take. I actually have pretty thick skin but enuf is enuf.
i'd be more than happy to give you a FULL REFUND for the $0 you paid to be here.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

Default Driving Off the k-lift

Before I bought my lift I used this forum to search for comments on each one I was considering (4" short travel). I ONLY looked for negative experiences: death wobble, shimmy, retorque requirements, noises, vibration, bents and fails, etc.

There was only ONE lift kit I found with NO negative comments so I bought it.

(Oh yeah, and I'm voting for Romney/Ryan.)

Last edited by Sahara Lee; 08-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

LOL!! just because may not like what they hear from me doesn't mean that i am somehow angry or teed off. just like everyone else here, i am simply expressing my opinion about products and the fanboys who are committed to worship them.

wow, and all i did was ask if you actually did what you were advising to do about the 2 specific products. like all aev fanboys, you clearly chimed in this thread for a reason and yeah, your profile showed me why.
Sounds like profilling.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since this thread is veering a bit, I'll throw in some food for thought. If I knew then what I know now, I actually would NOT have gone with my AEV 2.5" lift. Midway through the install, even a newb like me realized what a disappointment the components (and shortcuts) were that came with the lift for the amount of money spent. I am, however, at least glad that I learned a lot about my rig by doing the install myself (99% solo), but that could have been with any 2.5" kit. Couldn't have done it without the good folks and info on this site (and project jk)!

OP- can't offer you any advice on the kits you're looking at cause I have zero experience with them. Just wanted to share FWIW.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:24 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by AgentK
Sounds like profilling.
sounds so spooky when you say it like that

may i remind you, you're the one who put it all there for everyone to see. you can call it whatever politically correct term you want if it makes you feel better but i'll just call it - "i'm right". if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck in my book.

Quick Reply: AEV RS kit versus Rancho Sport