Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV RS kit versus Rancho Sport

Old 08-20-2012, 02:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by siopy
Getting nasty.. Teeing off off someone for his option and name calling..
What a surprise, another AEV fanboy coming to the defense of his fellow believer.

Let him get what he wants and lay out the facts..
ummm, here are a couple of FACTS for you - the OP was inquiring about the 4.5" AEV kit and the Rancho 4" kit. Your buddy has neither of these kits and is laying out ZERO facts about them.

you fanboys really should take the time to READ threads instead of looking to praise or defend your beloved AEV every chance you get.

Arent you supposed to be leading by example
LOL!! I think you've got me confused me with your preacher. Don't like what I have to say, don't read it.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost every thread turns into an argument when you try to compare companies. My advise would be to call some 4 wheel drive shops or get a hold of some 4x4 clubs and test drive some vehicles with the lifts your interested in. Then you can make a decision based on your own experience.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by AgentK
Almost every thread turns into an argument when you try to compare companies.
please, there's hardly what i would call an arguement here.

My advise would be to call some 4 wheel drive shops or get a hold of some 4x4 clubs and test drive some vehicles with the lifts your interested in. Then you can make a decision based on your own experience.
of course, this is exactly what you did - got a hold of some 4wheel drive shops and clubs and test drove and wheel their jeeps before buying your AEV lift kit. i'd be interested to hear what your experiences were with the rancho 4" lift kit. it is afterall, what the OP was comparing the AEV 4.5" kit to. please be specific as the devil is always in the details.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rancho 4" sport system. I added an adjustable front trackbar and am using the RS9000 shocks. It has very nice road manners, comparable to stock with sharp turn-in and good bump compliance. My setup is 37" Cooper STT's on stock rubi wheels with 1.5" spacers, seems to all work well together. There are no "weird" noises or other odd feelings with this setup but the flex is only a little more than stock. Rancho has recently released a nice set of upgrades to increase the flex and I will be going this route along with a CRC link for the rear. I paid $490 delivered for the shocks and lift kit during Rancho's summer rebate, really can't complain! Very nice upgrade for our intended use, this rig see's trails on a regular basis as I have about 4miles of trails on my property. I have a few friends with the AEV stuff and they are happy with thier setup's as well. Pick one and have a good time.
Mike
Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mikd
I have the Rancho 4" sport system. I added an adjustable front trackbar and am using the RS9000 shocks. It has very nice road manners, comparable to stock with sharp turn-in and good bump compliance. My setup is 37" Cooper STT's on stock rubi wheels with 1.5" spacers, seems to all work well together. There are no "weird" noises or other odd feelings with this setup but the flex is only a little more than stock. Rancho has recently released a nice set of upgrades to increase the flex and I will be going this route along with a CRC link for the rear. I paid $490 delivered for the shocks and lift kit during Rancho's summer rebate, really can't complain! Very nice upgrade for our intended use, this rig see's trails on a regular basis as I have about 4miles of trails on my property. I have a few friends with the AEV stuff and they are happy with thier setup's as well. Pick one and have a good time.
Mike
wow $490 - that's a hell of a deal for a product that is similar in design, has MUCH beefier brackets than the AEV kit and cost you 3x less to buy.

for the record, i would always be the first to say that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with the 4.5" AEV kit and that it actually works well. it's just WAY OVER PRICED for what little you really get with it and really, if you want to throw money at your jeep, well, it is your jeep and you should be free to do what you want with it. so that it's clear, the OP came on here looking for opinions and in spite of what all you fanboys want to believe, that's all i've been giving.

Last edited by wayoflife; 08-20-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exactly, the lift was pretty close to free with the purchase of the shocks.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
how typical. when comparing your beloved aev kit to a very similar, better built and WAY MORE AFFORDABLE rancho kit, the best a fanboy like you can do is to try and change the subject and compare it to a totally different kit made by a different manufacturer.

oh, i got that from the minute you chimed in on this thread
Dude, I thought we were here to talk about and compare Jeeps and Jeep parts. Fanboy? You got me from one post? Do I go out of my way to insult you personally with my posts? Even if you are 100% correct there is no need to make personal and trivial slams to have a conversation.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Freewill
Dude, I thought we were here to talk about and compare Jeeps and Jeep parts.
dude, we were up until you decided to chime in with irrelavant information and with no other purpose then to defend your beloved AEV.

Fanboy? You got me from one post? Do I go out of my way to insult you personally with my posts?
yup, fanboy and yes, I got that all from your one post. the fact that you feel insulted with anything i might have to say is proof of it.

Even if you are 100% correct there is no need to make personal and trivial slams to have a conversation.
LOL!! first off, i am 100% correct here. second, if you really feel personally slammed by anything i may have said, you really need to step back, take a deep breath and start looking at your lift kit as just a product and not as some kind of extension of your manhood.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by siopy
Getting nasty.. Let him get what he wants and lay out the facts.. Teeing off off someone for his option and name calling..
Arent you supposed to be leading by example?
Way of life either got hacked or he's having a really bad day. He has teed off on a few threads today and acting more like the way he is insulting people.

Last edited by blang816; 08-20-2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Angry Americans lmao! Loving this!

Quick Reply: AEV RS kit versus Rancho Sport