Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV or RE

Old 05-26-2010, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's coming true!

I just wanted to say that everything WOL has told me about the CAM bolts and this lift is completely true!!! I checked under my jeep today cuz I've been friggen paranoid and I noticed that the &%$ thing has turned and is wollowing out the hole! I have to say that I've seen other threads with the argument with AEV and that they're engineers and blah blah blah, but this is rediculous! I'm hoping to get the washer welded on this friday to "fix" it. Don't get me wrong. I love the susension that I bought, great flex....the friggen thought of using these dang cam bolts is unbelievable for the price. ..

Just thought I'd share to anyone thinking of getting the Nth degree lift....buy front LCA's and don't bore out the LCA mount hole.

...again....just thought I'd share, sorry just venting.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Newbie

So for the AEV kit, is it just the front LCA that's needed? Or is it the rear as well? Any recommendations on the best LCA to go with? I've seen the Teraflex, but haven't looked much beyond that. For the 3.5"-4" lift range this lift seems to be the one that I've heard the best reviews on (taking into consideration the LCA substitution).
Old 06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=if you plan on playing on the rocks, do yourself a favor and get a set of good adjustable front lower control arms. you won't regret it.[/QUOTE]

Why did you (on Nemo) go with Currie adjustable front upper control arms if lowers are what you want.
Ok, I looked at the Northridge site and saw the "OME long travel lift kit" which includes upper arms. Why does this kit include uppers and no lowers? To improve the caster the top arms need shortened or the lowers lenghtened after a lift. A lift will slightly pull the front axle back as the angle of the arms increases. Shortening the uppers, to fix the caster, just pulls the axle back even more

Last edited by alancamby; 06-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.

Quick Reply: AEV or RE