Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV procal, superchips fladhpaq or flashcal

Old 02-21-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV procal, superchips fladhpaq or flashcal

I have a 201212 sahara
3.6L with 6 speed manual transmission
3.21 gears
Occasional off roading

Im getting 35s and new wheels. Want to adjust everything once theyre installed.

Tunes would be nice but from what ive read, dont work much for manual transmissions that well.

So I'm thinking either pay the dealer to calibrate it all or buy the AEV procal.

Money is an issue so keep that in mind with responses. Dealer said $50-$100 depending on time.

Thoughts?
Advice?
Comments?
Experience?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Last I heard, dealerships could only program up to the stock 32" tires. Has that changed?

The Procal is a great little device, and worth the extra money over the dealer fees you mentioned for the added bonus of all of the extra features, and the fact that it is yours and you can reprogram at will.

The good thing about the flashcal is that if you decide at some future time that you do want a tuner, you just pay the difference and download the flashpaq functionality. I have a procal, but if I were in the market now I would probably end up with the flashcal.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I told the dealer itd be 35s and he responded to it.

If im paying dealer 100 might as well blow the 150 and get the procal.

But with all that's out the I'm having trouble comparing the products side by side

Old 02-21-2014, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arctic Blue
I told the dealer itd be 35s and he responded to it.

If im paying dealer 100 might as well blow the 150 and get the procal.

But with all that's out the I'm having trouble comparing the products side by side

Think of the procal as an investment. If for any reason you don't want it, you can return the the Jeep to stock and sell the procal recovering some $.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:45 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

with 3.21's I would save for gears first. I had a 2013 with 3.21's and 33"s seemed to be pushing it. I have 4.10's now and much better.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the FlashCal and love it. Paid about $140 on sale with a $25 rebate card on top (4WP).

For me, the math was easy-$100 plus who knows how long of a wait plus drive time to and from dealer.

I have a 2012 JKS and found this very functional; heck, I don't know if the Sahara and Rubi already have them, but I even was able to add DLR's that were "not available" on the Sport. Highly recommend, it is internet updatable and upgradable as mentioned.

Best of luck.
John
Old 02-21-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by goaterguy
Think of the procal as an investment. If for any reason you don't want it, you can return the the Jeep to stock and sell the procal recovering some $.
Very good point.

Originally Posted by jadmt
with 3.21's I would save for gears first. I had a 2013 with 3.21's and 33"s seemed to be pushing it. I have 4.10's now and much better.
Thr 3.21s arent that bad. The 6th gear is pretty useless unless on a straightaway. I have the 35s and wheels locked in just waiting for cash. With the man trans it wont be too bad.
Originally Posted by b.lister
I use the FlashCal and love it. Paid about $140 on sale with a $25 rebate card on top (4WP).

For me, the math was easy-$100 plus who knows how long of a wait plus drive time to and from dealer.

I have a 2012 JKS and found this very functional; heck, I don't know if the Sahara and Rubi already have them, but I even was able to add DLR's that were "not available" on the Sport. Highly recommend, it is internet updatable and upgradable as mentioned.

Best of luck.
John
But the tunes DO work on a man trans?

Quick Reply: AEV procal, superchips fladhpaq or flashcal