Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Question....factory warrantee

Old 03-25-2013, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Procal Question....factory warrantee

Well I called Dodge / Jeep dealership on can they reprogram my speedometer to compensate for the larger tires. They said yes, but cost $90. That's criminal for 5min work but won't violate warrantee.
I would rather spend 150buck for a Procal.
My question is, if I do get the AEV Procal, can the dealership find out I ever programmed it myself after I put it back to factory settings??
Old 03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

From the ProCal FAQ:
Does the AEV ProCal change the software of the vehicle?

No. The ProCal only adjusts parameters the vehicle uses in calculations. These parameters will not void your warranty, will not cause reliability issues, and can always be modified or restored to an original value.
My opinion? My local dealership suggested I get one, and now sells them. So a programmer isn't something I am at all worried about.

I think Tuners is where you get into the gray areas.

From Superchips :
Q: Will it void my warranty?
A: No. It is illegal for a dealership to void your warranty based solely on the fact that you have installed an aftermarket product. But always remove the tuning before going to a dealer for service.
For information regarding denial of warranty coverage, go to the SEMA website.
Many dealerships sell and install tuners. I think it really comes down to how your dealership feels about them, how far they want to dig, and how much effort they want to go to to not cover a warranty issue that could in some way be related to the tuner.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought mine from a Dodge/Jeep dealer...Should be no issues whatsoever...
Old 03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

AEV procals do not actually get in to the area of the ecm that leaves a footprint. My selling dealer also recommended I get a Procal when I asked if they could calibrate my speedo when I got bigger tires.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Question....factory warrantee