Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV ProCal Question

Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV ProCal Question

I just received mine today after upgrading from stock to 33s and I've reset my speedometer accordingly. I read the instructions and don't see whether or not I should do this, but do I also need to re-input my axle ratio? I didn't upgrade gears, so I'm thinking no, but wanted to verify before I put this thing away.

Btw, this thing is great. Very simple to use.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry Hesticles
I just received mine today after upgrading from stock to 33s and I've reset my speedometer accordingly. I read the instructions and don't see whether or not I should do this, but do I also need to re-input my axle ratio? I didn't upgrade gears, so I'm thinking no, but wanted to verify before I put this thing away.

Btw, this thing is great. Very simple to use.
I couldn't see why that would be necessary but I will have the same questions tomorrow when I have to use my pro cal. Can you just out in the stock axle ratio just for shits and giggles?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the Procal does is first reads your ECM and stores all the factory info in it. If you are just changing tire size all you need to do is reset the tire size, that's all. Gear ratio, tpms, and the few other thing you can change you can leave alone.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just making sure, thanks!

Quick Reply: AEV ProCal Question