Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Question

Old 08-07-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fish
Anybody ever lose their procal after they have programmed some features in???? ummmmm yeah, that would be me any solutions? think i'm just SOL
I'd just buy another and then try reprogramming it. If I'm not mistaken, the ProCal doesn't lock anything in the PCM. It's just the ProCal that gets locked so you can't use it on a another vehicle.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DoubleZero
Please read this entire thread before doing this. It is much debated, and I want to be sure you know EXACTLY what you may or may not be getting yourself into. This is definitely a try at your own risk situation, with no guarantees.

Set all dip switches in the down position, except 1 and 5, which should be in the up position.
Start with the key in the ACC/OFF position, and insert the procal. ****Please see following discussion. Different people have had to use different key positions in order to get this to work, and we have not yet figured out why.****
From here, follow the instructions as stated in the manual (with minor editing):

1. When the module is ready, the Electronic Throttle (ETC) Indicator (a lightning bolt surrounded by two vertical lines) will flash on the dash.
2. To start the pedal routine, pull the headlight stalk back into the "Highbeam Flash" position, then release the headlight stalk allowing it to fall back into the "Highbeam Off" position. The routine has now started.
3. Press and hold the pedal all the way to the floor.
4. Move the headlight stalk forward to the "Highbeam On" position.
5. Release the pedal completely.
6. Move the headlight stalk back to the "Highbeam Off" position.
7. The routine is now completed. Remove procal.
8. Wait, then start the engine. Test the pedal and verify that it is functioning properly. If not, repeat.

I have a Procal coming in the mail...lets say I mess up and have a dead pedal, will disconnecting battery for 10 minutes reset the ECU? How would you go about fixing that?...just redo it correctly?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by woodweavil
Don't worry about it Jason. he just don't understand. Some people have common sense and some don't. Some just can't grasp the fact that jeep aka Chrysler corp. Might not have things dialed in as perfect as he might like to believe. So all we are doing is dialing it in. No disrespect blackhawk if you don't believe it just try it and see for yourself. Nothing ventured nothing gained. And definitely nothing hurt.
This might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen typed into this forum. I try to keep things positive in here, and I thought about not responding to this, but alas, I had to.

Let me get your stance straight:

Chrysler does not know how to optimize the throttle response of the engine of one of their top selling brands? Furthermore, AEV, who's head ProCal engineer responded and said that in no uncertain terms...throttle response gains are 100% imaginary, would deny added performance features their product could potentially offer?

I'm having trouble following your argument. I also think its reckless to recommend something that, if done improperly, leaves the Jeep inoperable. Many in this thread have admitted to having to try the procedure 20+ times to get their gas pedal back.

I understand everyone in the forum wants to be the guy to come up with the next secret sauce or awesome Jeep mod. It's what makes this site great. But when you start disregarding what engineers and designers recommend, you are taking a big risk. I would not encourage others to do the same.

I'll still wave at you when we pass each other, but I'm not letting you anywhere near my Jeep with a ProCal.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

If the dealer reflashes my ecu, do i need to use my procal to correct my tire size again?
Old 10-07-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone tried this on a 2013 yet?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 2 cents:
#1 ...Chrysler can give not 1,not 2 but 3 shits about throtle settings ,if any it"s probably governed and we don't even know it.
#2 The guy from PROCAL rightfully so doesn't want to be on the phone all day long talking to yahoos who don't know how to restart their andriod phone and now they have a dead pedal.
So i grabbed my module,ignition on,.......high beams.....blah.blah blah...page 5 on the instructions...first try and now this thing COOKS off the start.
To say the change was IMPRESIVE is an understatement.

JUST DO IT. (you won't regret it) Ed

2012 jk sport 2 dr auto.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jason0341
Yeah I am cool with setting everything, I just didn't know if it was needed to put in the axle ratio. It never specifies in the booklet, I figured it probably knows the stock setting of 3.73's or whatever the Jeep comes with. I guess it can't hurt to just set it for the axle ratio anyways
I put 35's on my '13 JKU w/3.73's from the factory and noticed that when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd gear increasing speed gradually the Engine would rev to 2600RPMS then suddenly drop to 1800RPMs until about 40mph then shift to 4th gear. I got the AEV Procal to adjust the speed-o and decided to reset the ratio to 3.73 and know amazingly it shifts correct. Maybe a coincedence, but it worked.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

I. Have a problem can anyone help me out. I had my procal set and everything worked for months. I took my jeep to the dealership and I got it back with the tpms light back on i had fixed this before with the procal. So I decided to reset the procal and do it again. I did it and the light went away. I reset the tire size and it worked. But now my esp light is on but esp isn't working which is a good thing right. Can someone tell me what to do now or if its happend to you
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BilletJK
I put 35's on my '13 JKU w/3.73's from the factory and noticed that when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd gear increasing speed gradually the Engine would rev to 2600RPMS then suddenly drop to 1800RPMs until about 40mph then shift to 4th gear. I got the AEV Procal to adjust the speed-o and decided to reset the ratio to 3.73 and know amazingly it shifts correct. Maybe a coincedence, but it worked.
i just did mine for 33s and it seems that this is happening to me as well but my thing is that 3ed-4th will wind up to 4000rpms then shifts. then OD takes a bit to kick it too. any one had this happen. i mean hell the stock setting was better lol. so is this a coincidence or should i set my gears too.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I just did thi s in my 2007 6 speed. Didn't get the 2 honk confirmation, but it seemed to have worked anyways. Maybe just my imagination?

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Question