Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Question

Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF??? stop arguing, if it works and helps the po ass throttle response , do it. If it doesn't, well, it didn't hurt to try. Better than spendin $300 for one of those whatever the hell they are things for the gas pedal. Booster, sprint booster.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry about it Jason. he just don't understand. Some people have common sense and some don't. Some just can't grasp the fact that jeep aka Chrysler corp. Might not have things dialed in as perfect as he might like to believe. So all we are doing is dialing it in. No disrespect blackhawk if you don't believe it just try it and see for yourself. Nothing ventured nothing gained. And definitely nothing hurt.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Again, it worked for me. The response from the pedal is far better and it was a free mod to try. Hell, I was having a hard time keeping my 35" grapplers from spinning at a dead stop (it was raining) on the way home from work today. In 3 years of owning the Jeep, it's never done that.

Last edited by 4WHLN; 07-12-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh goody, an internet fight. Blah blah blah, whatever whatever.... It helped me, might not help you. Try it, don't try it. I really don't give a flying (verb/noun/adjective/expletive that has resulted in many an unplanned pregnancy). If my imagination is powerful enough to cause my jeep to run better, than more power to me. If you are convinced that it won't work, than don't do it. I went into this thing very skeptical that it would do anything. I am happier now that I did this. If you want to try it, than try it. Worst case scenario, you don't like it and use the procal to return your settings to stock. If you end up with a dead pedal, don't call AEV complaining, because they and their lawyers will tell you they warned you not to do it. I am done here, I have better (other word for excrement) to do with my time than debate whether or not this has any physical benefits or imagined ones. Benefits are benefits, real or imagined, and I am happy with mine.

Last edited by DoubleZero; 07-12-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BHawks4Life

It is perfectly matched from the factory. As I thought and AEV confirmed the pedal either works or not. The procal offers no exponential correction or adjustment to the throttle curve...

"readjustment" via the procal of stock factory working pedal/pmc is not needed and not suggested. Any gains are purely imaginary, such as when you get the oil changed or wash the Jeep all of the sudden it seems to drive smoother/ faster etc.
I guess you have the one jeep that is perfectly matched. As stated in my former post. This is not a performance feature. The increased throttle response is simply a side effect of syncing the two. Not changing the curve not changing the parameters. Simply just making sure that they are matched.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

So if you want to undo this setting, can you just return this setting to stock? Or does the procal return all settings back to stock?
Old 07-13-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by will16
So if you want to undo this setting, can you just return this setting to stock? Or does the procal return all settings back to stock?
I don't believe there is an "undo" for this one. It's either programmed (and working) or not (and dead).

It's a sick feeling when it's bricked!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Hello

I decided to do the "Throttle recalibration" this morning...

After more than 20 failed attempts with dead throttle and 1 hour saying "what i have done" to my 500 miles brand new jeep without throttle!!!... it worked.

I haven't tested too much, but i can tell you that the "feeling is different". I can't say better or worst, but "different", may me a little more responsive... i will do more tests and let you know.

By the way, for me worked in ACC/OFF position, and i have also tried to put the jeep back to stock with the ProCal and it keeps the dead throttle so there is no "undo".

My routine was:
- Procal Unplugged with 1 and 5 switches on
- Key in ACC/OFF
- Procal Plugged
- "Blink" the lights pulling the switch back to lowbeams
- Full Throttle pedal without releasing
- Push light switch to highbeams
- Release throttle pedal
- Pull light switch to lowbeams
- Remove key
- Remove procal
- Start the jeep

When it finally worked, at first the throttle was weird, but after a few seconds it was working ok.

Regards

Mariano
Santiago, Chile
Old 08-06-2011, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Auto or manual difference

I have a procal coming this week to calibrate the speedo for my new 35's but I was curious if this "sync" feature only seemed to be helping the guys with auto transmissions....mine is a 6 speed manual...anyone notice a difference with a 6 speed?
Old 08-06-2011, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Anybody ever lose their procal after they have programmed some features in???? ummmmm yeah, that would be me any solutions? think i'm just SOL

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Question