Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Question

Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^
Thanks for getting some clarification around this
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool good to know. Thanks for that post.

Maybe AEV should specify all that in the instructions if they get 100's of angry customers all the time. My jeep definitely accelerates off the start since I did mine. Try at your own risk fellas and let us know.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Everyone should understand that this is not an attempt to change the parameters of the pcm using the procal . Only to perfectly match the pedal and the pcm. Because i know as do we all! That the wrangler in its stock form is very lackluster almost feels governed. So if you get better response from matching them. With out changing the parameters then why not!

I did mine two yrs ago and have never had a single issue

Last edited by woodweavil; 07-12-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woodweavil
Everyone should understand that this is not an attempt to change the parameters of the pcm using the procal . Only to perfectly match the pedal and the pcm. Because i know as do we all! That the wrangler in its stock form is very lackluster almost feels governed. So if you get better response from matching them. With out changing the parameters then why not!

I did mine two yrs ago and have never had a single issue
It is perfectly matched from the factory. As I thought and AEV confirmed the pedal either works or not. The procal offers no exponential correction or adjustment to the throttle curve...

"readjustment" via the procal of stock factory working pedal/pmc is not needed and not suggested. Any gains are purely imaginary, such as when you get the oil changed or wash the Jeep all of the sudden it seems to drive smoother/ faster etc.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BHawks4Life

It is perfectly matched from the factory. As I thought and AEV confirmed the pedal either works or not. The procal offers no exponential correction or adjustment to the throttle curve...

"readjustment" via the procal of stock factory working pedal/pmc is not needed and not suggested. Any gains are purely imaginary, such as when you get the oil changed or wash the Jeep all of the sudden it seems to drive smoother/ faster etc.

Well my friend then don't do it! Many myself included have experienced an increase in throttle response. Period!!!! If you don't want to read the thread and take anything from it that is your perogative. But if you have no positive input then please feel free to exit the thread.
You obviously have no comprehension of the idea behind this forum. Its to help each other out, to figure out the bugs and the tweaks and share them with our fellow jeeping brothers and sisters. To make our love of the lifestyle everything it can be.

My guess is your probably one of the people that refer to the jeep as a car!!..... so smile and be happy that you are a brother jeeper and don't forget to wave!!! ugh!?!? You do know about the wave right?!? Lol

Last edited by woodweavil; 07-12-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BHawks4Life

I must be dreaming when I hit the gas and my Jeep chirps its 35's now too

If you don't have the balls to try it then don't diss my friend. I understand you talked to AEV and they said no gains, but as stated we are just matching the pedal to the pcm perfectly. There is a difference there and I assure you it's not my imagination, I don't have one

Also I was running a SuperChips on my 2008 2Dr, I fine the throttle response is better now than it was using the SC.

Last edited by jason0341; 07-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well my friend then don't do it! Many myself included have experienced an increase in throttle response. Period!!!! If you don't want to read the thread and take anything from it that is your perogative. But if you have no positive input then please feel free to exit the thread.
You obviously have no comprehension of the idea behind this forum. Its to help each other out, to figure out the bugs and the tweaks and share them with our fellow jeeping brothers and sisters. To make our love of the lifestyle everything it can be.

My guess is your probably one of the people that refer to the jeep as a car!!..... so smile and be happy that you are a brother jeeper and don't forget to wave!!! ugh!?!? You do know about the wave right?!? Lol
Wow what's the attack for, "brother" lol! chill out. Just because my contribution to the forum doesn't conform to your imaginary ideas or wants from the Procal doesn't mean that its not useful to someone who doesn't want to screw up their Jeep or have unintentional expectations. Don't try and hide behind "us that it worked for" mentality. You seem like conformist and not someone who thinks on their own.

It's funny how you would go against the word of the of the person/company who actually engineered the Procal. I bet your imaginary friend, since you think that way told you your the all say on Jeeps. Lol.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Again if you don't agree don't! I don't care. I Didn't expect anything from the the procal but what it claims to do. This works for me and many others. Don't like it please leave the thread. And feel free not to return.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jason0341

I must be dreaming when I hit the gas and my Jeep chirps its 35's now too

If you don't have the balls to try it then don't diss my friend. I understand you talked to AEV and they said no gains, but as stated we are just matching the pedal to the pcm perfectly. There is a difference there and I assure you it's not my imagination, I don't have one

Also I was running a SuperChips on my 2008 2Dr, I fine the throttle response is better now than it was using the SC.
Do you understand how throttle exponential works? It changes the actual throttle curve based on pedal input. The Procal doesn't do this, just tells the PCM where 100% and 0% throttle is when initiating a new pedal module to the PCM. If you think it does then go take a class or two in electrical engineering. You'd probably have learned this in high school if you actually payed attention.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Again if you don't agree don't! I don't care. I Didn't expect anything from the the procal but what it claims to do. This works for me and many others. Don't like it please leave the thread. And feel free not to return.
I think you need to leave since your directing people to do something that's not recommended and may harm their Jeeps.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Question