Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Question

Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jason0341
Got it done Woodweavil! I let one of my local buddies know about the option too. Definitely a different feel off the line at a stop light or sign! We both had the dead pedal for a couple times! Talk about a nervous feeling! We think the instructions maybe wrong in regards to having the Key in the "ON" position though. Neither of us could get it to work numerous times in the ON position, so we ran through it with the key in the "OFF" position and it worked on the first try.

Thanks for all the help Woodweavil
Im glad you got it! Its a much more responsive feel
Old 07-10-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely better response. I hope others on here taks advantage of this hidding option
Old 07-10-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woodweavil
Directions are on page 5 of the user guide
Huh...I never noticed that when I changed my tire size. Going to see if I can do it tomorrow.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mud Pie
Huh...I never noticed that when I changed my tire size. Going to see if I can do it tomorrow.
Follow the directions but do them in the "OFF" position. Myself and a buddy could not get ours to work with the key in the "On" position today. Post up tomorrow if you get it done!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I received my procal, I over looked this option when reading through the manual. It looked like it was just for pairing the pedal if you replaced it for some reason, however after hearing about this from Jason I tried it, and it does improve throttle response noticeably. As mentioned above however, the instructions are incorrect. Do NOT start with the key "on with the engine off" as indicated, you will end up with a dead, unresponsive throttle. Start with the key in the off position, but otherwise it is very straight forward.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the heads up guys. Going home and doing this today.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Please read this entire thread before doing this. It is much debated, and I want to be sure you know EXACTLY what you may or may not be getting yourself into. This is definitely a try at your own risk situation, with no guarantees.

Set all dip switches in the down position, except 1 and 5, which should be in the up position.
Start with the key in the ACC/OFF position, and insert the procal. ****Please see following discussion. Different people have had to use different key positions in order to get this to work, and we have not yet figured out why.****
From here, follow the instructions as stated in the manual (with minor editing):

1. When the module is ready, the Electronic Throttle (ETC) Indicator (a lightning bolt surrounded by two vertical lines) will flash on the dash.
2. To start the pedal routine, pull the headlight stalk back into the "Highbeam Flash" position, then release the headlight stalk allowing it to fall back into the "Highbeam Off" position. The routine has now started.
3. Press and hold the pedal all the way to the floor.
4. Move the headlight stalk forward to the "Highbeam On" position.
5. Release the pedal completely.
6. Move the headlight stalk back to the "Highbeam Off" position.
7. The routine is now completed. Remove procal.
8. Wait, then start the engine. Test the pedal and verify that it is functioning properly. If not, repeat.

Last edited by DoubleZero; 07-13-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Let us know how it works out Paul.

Sent from my Supersonic EVO 4Gees!
Old 07-11-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Im glad everyone is benefiting from the process i just stumbled upon!
Old 07-11-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by woodweavil
Im glad everyone is benefiting from the process i just stumbled upon!
Any chance you (or anyone) could try explaining the difference in the 'feel' ? Just from reading the blurb in the users guide, and looking at the steps involved, I am confused on what it actually does, or how it could make any difference when you are not installing a new pcm or pedal. (nothing has changed, and it isn't programming in new settings through changes to the dipswitches, sooo... ?) Or does it have something to do with how firmly or how long you press the pedal, maybe?

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Question