Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Q?

Old 07-11-2009, 03:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkx0778
I just used my procal this AM to correct for tire size and gearing. almost as soon as i plugged it in, the horn beeped twice. just wondering if it usually programs that fast? happened that fast for both the tire size and gearing.

Mine was that fast as well, and it definitely helped the auto tranny get back in line as well, a bit easier getting on the freeway now. I did get a check engine light the first time I started the Jeep after recalibrating, I simply used the code clearing feature and so far so good.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:04 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by kd5zwf
Does anyone know if this will turn the Dummy light off (TPMS) if I set to 0 and I do not have sensors in my rims?
There was another thread about this, I think you may need the sensors in place to provide a signal for the AEV to recalibrate. Another memeber indicated that they still had the light even after setting to zero (no sensors in the new wheels). Verify before you buy.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
There was another thread about this, I think you may need the sensors in place to provide a signal for the AEV to recalibrate. Another memeber indicated that they still had the light even after setting to zero (no sensors in the new wheels). Verify before you buy.
I did not put TPMS sensors in my new wheels and I used the procal to set my TPMS to zero. This shuts off the TPMS sensor inside the vehicle and tells it to stop searching. I have not gotten any warning light or chime since. Maybe it was a problem with older versions of the unit, but as of just a few months ago my experience is accurate.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2

No sensors = no light and no chimes
Old 07-11-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pjay37
I did not put TPMS sensors in my new wheels and I used the procal to set my TPMS to zero. This shuts off the TPMS sensor inside the vehicle and tells it to stop searching. I have not gotten any warning light or chime since. Maybe it was a problem with older versions of the unit, but as of just a few months ago my experience is accurate.
Thanks for your experience and reply. Looks like I will go ahead and get to also set my speedo and tire size.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Q?