Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

AEV Procal Q?

Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEV Procal Q?

I just used my procal this AM to correct for tire size and gearing. almost as soon as i plugged it in, the horn beeped twice. just wondering if it usually programs that fast? happened that fast for both the tire size and gearing.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah same here, that's how it works!! your good
Old 07-10-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Dang! Then I better get one of these too! What if I only changed my tires to 35's? Not gears. Does it adjust the shift points of my automatic trans? Thanks! (sorry bout the hijack)
Old 07-10-2009, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
Dang! Then I better get one of these too! What if I only changed my tires to 35's? Not gears. Does it adjust the shift points of my automatic trans? Thanks! (sorry bout the hijack)
It'll adjust them a little but they're still off and it sucks when you have the OD on. If you keep OD off you should be okay going 75 or slower
Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys. I was just checking. i was sure it did the programming b/c:

i did notice on my drive to work that the shift points felt better. on a long incline it held the speed instead of the usual upshift (speed and rpms drop) followed by the horrible downshift (the rpms spike up to about 4500 and climb to about 5000 before upshifting again).

it was great that on the clover-leaf interchanges, the ESP didnt go off like it usually does. i even accelerated through it. which usually kicks it into overdrive. also, on one long, bumpy turn that usually triggers the ESP, nothing. i hate that turn b/c it goes right into the long incline. double wammy. but today i was pretty happy.

the only thing that bothers me is i was on the hwy in the fast lane and keeping up with traffic but the speedo only showed i was doing 50 mph. i'll have to drive behind a friend and double check the speedo. traffic was not heavy today and usually goes about 65 - 70 mph.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You set it for your 'actual' tire height, and not the mfg's listed height, right? Doubt an inch or two would put the speedo that far off, but worth checking.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkx0778

the only thing that bothers me is i was on the hwy in the fast lane and keeping up with traffic but the speedo only showed i was doing 50 mph. i'll have to drive behind a friend and double check the speedo. traffic was not heavy today and usually goes about 65 - 70 mph.
Or, if you have one, a GPS to check your speed. easier to read than talking on a cell to your friend verifying speed.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know if this will turn the Dummy light off (TPMS) if I set to 0 and I do not have sensors in my rims?
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kd5zwf
Does anyone know if this will turn the Dummy light off (TPMS) if I set to 0 and I do not have sensors in my rims?
yes, it will turn the TPMS off.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kd5zwf
That's exactly what I did.

Quick Reply: AEV Procal Q?